• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beware: Poor H.N. White London customer service

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
On the 10/08/2021, ordered a few items from H.N. White London. My order was sent out a week later, after I sent an email inquiry to mr. White.
However, the courier, DPD, returned my order back to mr. White who received and signed for it on the 03/09/2021. Since then mr. White has decided not to answer or reply to any of my messages. I have contacted him numerous times through Instagram but he is not replying. Needless to say that he was been online every single day.

I am at my wits end.

Anyway, am I being paranoid? Has this happened to anyone else who lives in Europe (or elsewhere in the world) and has ordered something from H.N. White London? Any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• BFA436AB-2A92-4E65-8ED6-625A8B07D8B4.png
    BFA436AB-2A92-4E65-8ED6-625A8B07D8B4.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 153
  • F4B42BDA-302E-42B2-BB6F-6458634772B8.png
    F4B42BDA-302E-42B2-BB6F-6458634772B8.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 388

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you deserve a refund and they just ignore you, call your bank and file a chargeback or open a paypal dispute.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange. Ordered several times from him and never had any issue.

In any case, I wouldn't use Instagram to contact him but the email address of his website.

Camerashy

Reaction score
I have ordered 3 ties from him over a period of time and each time the delivery service has got worse
On the last occasion had to email him a few times and mention contacting credit card company before it was sent out
Will not be buying from him again

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
I have ordered 3 ties from him over a period of time and each time the delivery service has got worse
On the last occasion had to email him a few times and mention contacting credit card company before it was sent out
Will not be buying from him again

Ah so I am not the only one. Well then, I guess I have to file for a chargeback.

Last edited:

monkey66

Reaction score
I had never heard of them until this thread. I noticed some identical stock to Exquisite Trimmings. Do they have a relationship?

monkey66

Reaction score
No. Some of the items are just similar.

Some are 100% identical.

Its one of my favourite squares.

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
Some are 100% identical.

Its one of my favourite squares.
Well, from my experience, I would advise you to buy from Exquisite Trimmings, if you wish to purchase that.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember that very early on, there were similar complaints about H.N. White or its predecessor. I have not been able to find the relevant thread(s) though.

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
I seem to remember that very early on, there were similar complaints about H.N. White or its predecessor. I have not been able to find the relevant thread(s) though.

it’s a pity that he is scamming (some of the) customers. I made a purchase from him in the past without any problem. But I now regret the decision to have ordered anything recently.

3dfx

Reaction score
On the 10/08/2021, ordered a few items from H.N. White London. My order was sent out a week later, after I sent an email inquiry to mr. White.
However, the courier, DPD, returned my order back to mr. White who received and signed for it on the 03/09/2021. Since then mr. White has decided not to answer or reply to any of my messages. I have contacted him numerous times through Instagram but he is not replying. Needless to say that he was been online every single day.

I am at my wits end.

Anyway, am I being paranoid? Has this happened to anyone else who lives in Europe (or elsewhere in the world) and has ordered something from H.N. White London? Any advice is welcome.
I live in Europe and I am currently having similar problems.

They shipped my package at the beginning of september and DPD also returned my order back to mr.White because of some customs clearance problems (or that was what read in the parcel tracker)

I have not received a single answer from him. I e-mailed them immeatedly when I noticed that DPD was returning my goods back to sender. Second time I contacted him when mr. White has received the parcel. Still no answers.

I thought that my e-mails are going into their spam-folder for some reason but If you have had similar problems and contacted them via IG, I think that can not be the case.

I think I will file a chargeback too, sending e-mails won't seem to do anything because they/he does not reply to them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads