• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Better ways to organize/summarize affiliate thread?

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for all the affiliates out there, but sometimes it just seems like our thread just gets out of control (organizationally speaking) and it makes it difficult for people who don't read it everyday, much less every 4 or 5 days. Is there something we can do so someone doesn't have to go through a dozen pages because they haven't been on styleforum for a week. Sorta of like a page that summarizes what has happened in the past week.

I was thinking of doing a blog entry that basically shows all our new garments, sales, discussions of interest, etc that have happened in the past three, five and seven days and have those links in my signature.

Would this be something you guys would like to see? Suggestions are welcome.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I think this would be a definite help, especially as you guys roll out new product.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that each affiliate should have a sort of sub-forum that only the affiliate or mods could create threads in, but everyone would be able to reply in.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the blog is a fantastic idea.

Also you have the advantage of having a simple and well organized website that hosts a limited amount of content, so any news you post will have no trouble being visible there.

james nicolas

Reaction score
make an affiliate sub-section (like dumb threads to entertainment and culture)
where only the affiliates could post, but everyone could see it
you would be able to use those threads as a kind of blog
and it would still be on styleforum for easy access and viewing for everyone

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
post everything on your website

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by givemefive
Keep your first post current!

That would be the answer - except that the forum doesn't let you edit a post after xx days. This should be waived for HOF and affiliate threads.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james nicolas
make an affiliate sub-section (like dumb threads to entertainment and culture)
where only the affiliates could post, but everyone could see it
you would be able to use those threads as a kind of blog
and it would still be on styleforum for easy access and viewing for everyone

not going to happen. We want the affiliate threads imbedded in high traffic areas.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
I was thinking of doing a blog entry that basically shows all our new garments, sales, discussions of interest, etc that have happened in the past three, five and seven days and have those links in my signature.

This would be a good idea. Otherwise, as everyone has said, keeping the first post current might work.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
That would be the answer - except that the forum doesn't let you edit a post after xx days. This should be waived for HOF and affiliate threads.
If there was a way to waive that, or for certain users, that would be great. This way you can just edit your top post with the latest news or whatever you want to show.

I have the same problem.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
We may be able to do that for the official affiliates.

I'll look into it.

Fok.

Can u pls check if it's doable for pinned threads too? Especially the reference threads. I've been wanting to update the labels and makers thread OP with corrected or additional info but cannot. Defeats the purpose of that kind of reference post to a certain extent

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell

I thought you already did that? Or at least, other affiliates did. I dunno, whenever I want to just catch up on updates through TaT/Franelli's and such I just go to their blog when I feel like skipping the chatter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads