• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Better Call Saul (AMC)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did Saul know Mike was good for the job?

Seems like all he knows is that he was a former cop, who possibly killed some other cops, but is otherwise a grumpy parking attendant who happened to be a stand-up guy when it came to their first incident with the police.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All we know is that Mike "owed" him one. But, to start off a relationship by having Mike take $1.6 m from the house and then return it to the DA was unreal, even farfetched. But otherwise it was entertaining.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All we know is that Mike "owed" him one. But, to start off a relationship by having Mike take $1.6 m from the house and then return it to the DA was unreal, even farfetched. But otherwise it was entertaining.

Huh? And spilling a cup of coffee on a cop to steal his notes in his coat pocket with only a whine from the cop and his partner was incredibly realistic? Somehow knowing the money is in the bathroom and not the garage, bedroom or kitchen wasn't far fetched? How did Mike know there was no alarm system? How did Mike know the man would throw the trash out and see the money? It's a TV show man, sit back and enjoy it.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huh? And spilling a cup of coffee on a cop to steal his notes in his coat pocket with only a whine from the cop and his partner was incredibly realistic? Somehow knowing the money is in the bathroom and not the garage, bedroom or kitchen wasn't far fetched? How did Mike know there was no alarm system? How did Mike know the man would throw the trash out and see the money? It's a TV show man, sit back and enjoy it.

Well at least Mike waited 5 apples time for the man to throw the trash out to see the cash, and then used his black light to trace the money to the sink.

Why the exchange? I don't know. But Mike isn't really a 'bad' guy per se. And Mike and Jimmy both got their own code.

Its interesting to see the characters develope their code. And I am way more interested to see how Jimmy break down to becoming Saul.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The storyline would only make sense to us people who watched Breaking Bad previously

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I thought this ep was pretty good. The look at Squiggy's face when he found out Jimmy had passed the bar was priceless.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a great episode. Rough ending. I actually felt a little for Chuck when he came clean.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, now we see impetus for Saul to not want to be (slippin') Jimmy McGill anymore.

And we have a potential source for some start-up capital.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that's one of the key turning points. Jimmy was really trying hard. He wanted to do good but his brother just killed it for him. And in a very condescending way. Sucks the older brother you take care off looks down at you.

Episode was good!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He wouldn't be in Breaking Bad if he took it on, would he?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great episode this week. Surprised he bailed on that great job offer. But then hey what do I know.

1. Fat boy died happy doing what he loved/was good at. Jimmy recognized it and realizes he's Slipping Jimmy and any other life for him is a lie.

2. He went legit primarily to gain his brother's acceptance, which is never coming, even with the partnership offer. He'll always live his life for someone else who doesn't even like him.

3. His biggest moneymaking opportunity came when he and Mike stole that money...it came while he was being himself.

I think it's really about him finally accepting who he is and going for it. Whoever doesn"t like it can eat a dick.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really great acting when Jimmy got very flustered when he was denied the office/job in the boardroom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads