• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bestow your knowledge SF users :D

fides

Reaction score
Hey guys, as you can tell by my join date, I'm quite new to this forum and to the fashion and style world in general. I was wondering if there any good books/magazines/tumblrs/sites that you might want to forward my ways so I can get a better grasp of this entity. Obviously I'm spending time on SF, but the level of specificty is quite astonishing and sometimes I'm reading posts and it feels like a "woosh" moment, as in wtf did I just read. Thanks.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
#1. you are not a special flower.
#2. you are not a special flower.
#3. you are not a special flower.
#4. you are not a special flower.

∞. you are not a special flower.

fides

Reaction score
#1. you are not a special flower.
#2. you are not a special flower.
#3. you are not a special flower.
#4. you are not a special flower.

∞. you are not a special flower. Dont get it....

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to check out Fashion Beans, as it tends to have mostly straightforward advice on just about any clothing topic that would probably come to mind: http://www.fashionbeans.com/

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
it means do your own research using the search function because all the information is already there. sf doesn't have the time to cater to the needs of every single noob who makes the same ******* thread asking the same ******* question.

Last edited:

Kaundinya

Reaction score
it means do your own research using the search function because all the information is already there. sf doesn't have the time to cater to the needs of every single noob who makes the same ******* thread asking the same ******* question.
Surely, this is not the way to treat a new forum member. And do not take yourself to be a representative of SF, the position does not suit you wellfor there are many members who will take the time to help "noobs." In most cases, the search function is adequate for general questions, but often the information contained in past threads is outdated or could be expanded upon. Please be considerate.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Surely, this is not the way to treat a new forum member. And do not take yourself to be a representative of SF, the position does not suit you well for there are many members who will take the time to help "noobs." In most cases, the search function is adequate for general questions, but often the information contained in past threads is outdated or could be expanded upon. Please be considerate.
at the end of the day, this is an enthusiasts forum, not a self-help forum. theres an ask a question thread linked at the top of the page for most questions, and its quite good, as long as you're not asking what brand ryan goslings hoodies are i think theres also a fashion blogs thread somewhere, search function.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
exactly. no one here should waste their time to be every noob's personal stylist, especially when there are threads that already have that information in great depth and detail. use the search function, do you own research, post questions in the appropriate threads, and don't make annoying special flower threads where you expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter. we will answer your question if you've done your own research and post in the appropriate threads. no one wants to read through another "long time lurker, new poster" bullshit thread.

Last edited:

fides

Reaction score
exactly. no one here should waste their time to be every noob's personal stylist, especially when there are threads that already have that information in great depth and detail. use the search function, do you own research, post questions in the appropriate threads, and don't make annoying special flower threads where you expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter. we will answer your question if you've done your own research and post in the appropriate threads. no one wants to read through another "long time lurker, new poster" bullshit thread.
Get off your high horse. I wasn't asking for any special attention and asking in my opinion something that requires alot of time. The premise was simple, if there are any users who frequent certain blogs or websites, feel free to post them. If not you dont have to fking comment. Also I love it how "no one here has time to answer every noobs question" than why the fk did you post? Why the fk did you take the "time" to read my message, write up some degenerate crap that some "senior" member at every forum tends to spew out when someone asks a question that is not in the least bit malicious, but is always taken as if it was deliberately done to do so.

Of course I can use the search function and pummel through a plethora of threads OR I can just ask what sites some users frequent PRESENTLY.

P.S: You dont have to be condescding and rude to try to carry a point, you coulve simply said "use the search function", and be polite about it and that would've been much more efficient in regards to "noobs cluttering the forums" point you are trying to make.

Last edited:

fides

Reaction score
at the end of the day, this is an enthusiasts forum, not a self-help forum. theres an ask a question thread linked at the top of the page for most questions, and its quite good, as long as you're not asking what brand ryan goslings hoodies are

i think theres also a fashion blogs thread somewhere, search function.

at the end of the day, this is an enthusiasts forum, not a self-help forum. theres an ask a question thread linked at the top of the page for most questions, and its quite good, as long as you're not asking what brand ryan goslings hoodies are

i think theres also a fashion blogs thread somewhere, search function.
I havent came across that thread at the moment the question was derived.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads