• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best WWII game

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess platform doesn't matter.

I love CoD but my fondest memories are probably with Battlefield 1942.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't played any games in awhile, but Medal Of Honor Allied Assault was probably one of the best at the time, if only for the Omaha beach landing.

BF1942 was only good for it's multiplayer.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Correct, which is why it was great. I really love Day of Defeat too.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I really hope you mean the real Day of Defeat and none of that Source crap.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked a lot of the tactical tank warfare games. Anyone ever play Advanced Squad Leader? Talk about nerddom.
laugh.gif

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call of duty WaW is terrible. So not not that one...

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BF1942 was great, its sequels sucked the big one. The original DoD mod was great and I still play it from time to time but not source.

While I am not sure I suspect BF1942 doesn't have many servers though I should install it to check...great game.

Qzar

Reaction score
The Forgotten Hope mod for BF1942 was the greatest thing in the world when it came out. I've yet to have a similar gaming experience. I think I completely gave up gaming after the servers emptied out and the crowds moved on to fancier and fancier next generation games. FH had it all though. It was such a phenomenal work of multilayer madness. I don't know if anyone ever played Wolfenstein Enemy Territory before the modders turned it into a steaming pile of crap. The original was an amazing multilayer experience.

How I long to be 15 locked up in my room blasting Swedes and Finns at 3 AM on a summer day.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
^ I really hope you mean the real Day of Defeat and none of that Source crap.

Oh please
sarcasm.gif

Chris2289

Reaction score
the new call of duty is awful, especially the online mode.

MOHAA is easily the best

Nananine

Reaction score
I prefer insane realism with my WWII games. FPS: Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. Ironsight shooting with realistic bullet drops, artillery, smoke, gigantic maps. There's no greater feeling than picking off an infantryman at a kilometer out with a Mosin-Nagant. Oh and tanks. It's on Steam, too. Strategy: Combat Mission (there's three of them). Realistic command structure, artillery model and tank penetration. It's incredibly dense, but you'll experience some extraordinarily awesome combat moments. My personal favorite: My friend blew up one of my entrenched .

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
connie - try this:

find a wwii vet. mow his lawn, buy him a beer, ask him to tell you all about his expereinces.

repeat.

much better than spending your day in front of a computer screen.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I haven't played any games in awhile, but Medal Of Honor Allied Assault was probably one of the best at the time, if only for the Omaha beach landing.

+1. Great game for PS2

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what, no mentions of Wolfenstein or 1942?

cod is pretty good though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads