• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best/worst corporate logos

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread is for all types of corporate logos. mine both happen to be from the auto industry.
(i know we had another thread like this but i couldn't find it.)

best:
Mercedes_logo.gif

worst:
ford-logo.jpg

i chose the 3 pointed star because of it's simplicity and easy recognition. it's a great logo for almost any kind of company in any kind of industry.

i chose ford as the worst because i just don't like the sound or look of the word 'ford'. i think they should take their name off their logo.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
logo_ken.gif

PUMA1.gif

atari_logo.jpg

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my Favs:
globalhome_fedex_corp_logo.gif
Ingenious design with the space between the Ex making an arrow.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
One of my Favs:

globalhome_fedex_corp_logo.gif

Ingenious design with the space between the Ex making an arrow.

Holy donkey poopoo, I never noticed that before. Good observation.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Audi_Logo.jpg
It has a story behind it, yet is easily recognizable and can’t be mistaken for the Olympic rings.
DGlogo.jpg
Complex, but easily recognizable as the leader in classical music recordings, label stands out in a prominent yellow on every CD you see. Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
this thread is for all types of corporate logos. mine both happen to be from the auto industry.
(i know we had another thread like this but i couldn't find it.)

best:
Mercedes_logo.gif

worst:
ford-logo.jpg

i chose the 3 pointed star because of it's simplicity and easy recognition. it's a great logo for almost any kind of company in any kind of industry.

i chose ford as the worst because i just don't like the sound or look of the word 'ford'. i think they should take their name off their logo.

Another craptastic logo:

GM_Logo.jpg

Jon.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By far, the best logo I have ever seen is the polo horse. When you see a picture of someone wearing a shirt with just a tiny, vaguely horse shaped dot in the right place, you know exactly what it is. That is, by far, the most visually powerful branding I have ever seen. Not much marketing is nearly so pervasive.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
By far, the best logo I have ever seen is the polo horse. When you see a picture of someone wearing a shirt with just a tiny, vaguely horse shaped dot in the right place, you know exactly what it is. That is, by far, the most visually powerful branding I have ever seen. Not much marketing is nearly so pervasive.

I will admit as a logo in the 1st world (and some of the richer 3rd), the Polo logo is unbeatable, but I think worldwide the MB logo wins. Ok, well maybe it ties with the Coca-Cola logo.

Jon.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I will admit as a logo in the 1st world (and some of the richer 3rd), the Polo logo is unbeatable, but I think worldwide the MB logo wins. Ok, well maybe it ties with the Coca-Cola logo.

Jon.

Yeah, in poorer countries, I would definitely say Coca Cola. I should've specified that I meant the polo horse only in the wealthy, "first world."

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theme_nike_swoosh.gif

I think the guy that designed the Swoosh was paid $75 or some other obsurdly low amount. Just think how high the intangible value of this logo is today.

Scuderia_Ferrari_Logo.png

I think the Ferrari prancing horse logo does a good job of displaying everything the company stands for in one basic image. Power, grace, agility, speed, sexiness.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think the guy that designed the Swoosh was paid $75 or some other obsurdly low amount. Just think how high the intangible value of this logo is today.
It was a girl design student, she was paid only $35 but was later given a chunk of stock.

Here are my favorites. It's hard to beat them in terms of design and what they portray through such simple graphics.

IBM-logo.gif

ups-logo.gif

getty.gif

micrus.gif

topleft_logo.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads