1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

best/worst corporate logos

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by matadorpoeta, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I think Pepsi should have just stuck with their 1962 logo
    I agree. It's the best one.

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

the new pepsi logo is horrible. everything about it sucks. MTN DEW? really? how about a can of sierra claw-my-eyes-out?

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

Someone pointed out to me that the old Northwest Airlines logo has not only the little compass arrow pointing northwest, but it also transforms the N into a W with a line through it. Never noticed this until today [​IMG]

[​IMG]

JB

Weird, I saw the "W" at first and not the compass arrow.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I think Pepsi should have just stuck with their 1962 logo

The 1971 one is alright.

5. unjung

unjung Senior member

I was disappointed to not be able to find the logo of the company with probably the worst logo in all of history. At one point in a previous position in an industry far removed from my current one, I was forced to do business with a company called Cre84u Millennium Graphics. The name was abysmal, and the logo, worse. As I recall, it involved a rainbow gradient with the name in Times New Roman in front. I believe their main business was selling branded products to fishing lodges along the NW Pacific coast.

6. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

I used to be with this small bank - when I first arrived in Italy. I still can't decide whether I like their logo or not. It's quite clever how they have incorporated all the letters, possibly. Banca Popolare Di San Felice Sul Panaro: [​IMG]

7. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Maybe it was all the weed I was smoking at the time, but I always loved this logo. See the Montreal Expos Baseball (club) in it?
    [​IMG]

8. g.re

g.re Well-Known Member

I used to be with this small bank - when I first arrived in Italy.
    I still can't decide whether I like their logo or not. It's quite clever how they have incorporated all the letters, possibly. Banca Popolare Di San Felice Sul Panaro:

[​IMG]

beh, hanno infilato bene tutte le lettere ma... gesù, è osceno. e non comprensibile a prima vista.

its always good to meet an italian fellow on the net. [​IMG]

9. J'aimelescravates

J'aimelescravates Senior member

One of my favorites:
    [​IMG]
    Bad b/c it is too complicated:
    [​IMG]
    Also a poor design:
    [​IMG]
    Not a logo per se, but bad nonetheless:
    [​IMG]

10. Matt

Matt Senior member

Dont know how many of you will get all that is going on here, but I love the McGrath Foundation logo: [​IMG] It's an Australian cricket thing....

11. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Dont know how many of you will get all that is going on here, but I love the McGrath Foundation logo:

[​IMG]

It's an Australian cricket thing....

it looks like something having to do with "blacks for gay rights".

12. Matt

Matt Senior member

Australian cricket legend Glenn McGrath lost his wife to cancer a few months back. The foundation (attracting a lot of attention at the moment as the current Australia v South Africa game is in her honor) raises money to recruit cancer nurses to rural Australia. The logo itself is M-for-McGrath shaped cricket wickets, with her in pink (wearing-pink days are their fundraising thing), and of course, him supporting his wife using the wickets as bodies, bails as arms, and cricket balls as heads. A lot happening in it...

13. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Australian cricket legend Glenn McGrath lost his wife to cancer a few months back. The foundation (attracting a lot of attention at the moment as the current Australia v South Africa game is in her honor) raises money to recruit cancer nurses to rural Australia. The logo itself is M-for-McGrath shaped cricket wickets, with her in pink (wearing-pink days are their fundraising thing), and of course, him supporting his wife using the wickets as bodies, bails as arms, and cricket balls as heads. A lot happening in it...

Cool logo. I went to school with Stuart McGill [​IMG] (shameless and OT name-dropping, hahah!).

14. The Wayfarer

The Wayfarer Senior member

Not a logo per se, but bad nonetheless:
    [​IMG]

This could certainly benefit from a bit of kearning.

15. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

16. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

17. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Still one of my favorites-
    [​IMG]

18. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

The two greatest political logos of all time:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Going to say W is better because there is just so little to it and it has been used for any number of non-political uses.

Your friend,

Edina Tlanta

19. dave

dave Senior member

I shall then assume that you have never seen one of these?

[​IMG]

20. lefty

lefty Senior member

These guys do nice work:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lefty