1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

best/worst corporate logos

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by matadorpoeta, Apr 11, 2006.

1. mano

mano Senior member

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    Looks like they bought the logo from a pre-made logo collection. Text looks terrible, too.

3. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

That stupid BP logo reminds me of a not so stupid logo:

[​IMG]

4. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

Irish Blood Transfusion Service. [​IMG] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican#Symbolism

5. reac99

reac99 Well-Known Member

I'm not particulary fond of all the monogram ridden items etc but their logo really is in a league of its' own.

Many of the logos listed here probably won't look very "right" or stylish in 20 years or so, this one will.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Gucci!

[​IMG]

6. VMan

VMan Senior member

7. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

I'm not particulary fond of all the monogram ridden items etc but their logo really is in a league of its' own.

Many of the logos listed here probably won't look very "right" or stylish in 20 years or so, this one will.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Gucci!

[​IMG]

i'm not sure that's actually a logo, per se. i think they use some other image on their merchandise. two Gs?

8. reac99

reac99 Well-Known Member

i'm not sure that's actually a logo, per se. i think they use some other image on their merchandise. two Gs?

It's their logo indeed. If you buy something from them a get a box, that will be the logo shown. It's also the logo on their site, their stores etc etc.

The two interlocked Gs you're talking about is their monogram which they have on some of their bags, hats, shoes etc.

9. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

That stupid BP logo reminds me of a not so stupid logo:

[​IMG]

actually, i prefer the bp logo. the green party one looks amateurish. (which, if i were an asshole, i would say it suits. but i'm not, so i won't. [​IMG] )

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

actually, i prefer the bp logo. the green party one looks amateurish. (which, if i were an asshole, i would say it suits. but i'm not, so i won't. [​IMG] )

Change the typeface and change the hue of the yellow (something less industrial) and it would be really great, IMO.

11. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

There was a makeup logo I saw months ago that I loved.

Imagine a skull and cross bones, with the bones being displayed below the skull, only instead of a skull there was a lipstick kiss impression, and for the bones, syringes.

The last time I was at the mall I went to the same counter with my phone to take a picture, but it was no longer there. Would anyone know the brand name of this makeup?

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

Haven't read the entire thread so this may be covered but about ten years ago a group of graphic designers sat down to determine the world's most recognizable logo. Their consensus?

Bibendum, the Michelin Man.

lefty

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Haven't read the entire thread so this may be covered but about ten years ago a group of graphic designers sat down to determine the world's most recognizable logo. Their consensus?

Bibendum, the Michelin Man.

lefty

Interesting. I might have picked AT&T (the old one).

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I thought that the worlds most recognizable logo was either the Coca-Cola dynamic ribbon text, or the Disney "Mickey Mouse Head" depending on your definition of brand and product...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The michelin man might be very recognizable, but I doubt that it means a whole lot to people in third world countries who don't have cars or watch television.

15. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Well in my opinion here is an example of "older is better".
    My dad used to bring this stuff home, and I've always liked the St Pauli Girl label /logo. At a store recently, I stopped to examine the new logo and I just think it fell flat. I'm sure there was plenty of marketing pressure to stay current -but, I still like the older version. I'm all for a big busted fraulein serving beer, this seems to be time tested symbolism -but in its current form, I miss the old St. Pauli girl. German beer labels in general have some of the best graphic design and illustration.

16. Dormouse

Dormouse Senior member

17. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

18. sonick

sonick Senior member

Chalk this one up as one of the worst:

[​IMG]

The newly launched logo for my University... Way to jump on the Web2.0 bandwagon; its got the drop shadow, all that's missing is the reflection and gradient. The first year interactive arts/design students could've done this.

19. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

[​IMG]

The newly launched logo for my University... Way to jump on the Web2.0 bandwagon; its got the drop shadow, all that's missing is the reflection and gradient. The first year interactive arts/design students could've done this.

lol...sorry sonick, my sister goes there too. That's the first time I've seen that logo. Great, now I have another way to make fun of her.

20. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

[​IMG]

He makes it sound very difficult.