1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best/Worst Bang for the Buck

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by McCurry, May 5, 2011.

1. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

What does this even mean? Triple needle stitching (who cares) and made in Japan with Japanese fabrics. For $175 less. Shut up. For all you know they could be made in the same factory.

Look closer.

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

no brand cuts shirts like BOO does (ie, super-slim/cropped) in a simple aesthetic w/ relatively good fabric

find me one and i will concede that BOO is overpriced

Charvet...but their shirts aren't exactly cheap, either. For super-slim *and* super cheap, you can always try grabbing something in a kid's size, a la Tom Haverford from Parks & Recreation. [​IMG]

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

kids are fat and kids shirts aren't usually cut that slim.

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the idea, but I've got short arms, and a few PRL kid shirts that fit me better than all of Ralph Lauren's custom/slim fits and Gitman Vintage. The shirt tails also don't scrape the floor, which is a major plus. They fulfill my bang/buck factor.

Not all kids are fat! [​IMG]

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

What is people's take on Zara I really like their designs, but the quality is shit. I wonder who they shark
    I bought 2 pairs of dress pants and they have held up fine. Some of there items aren't bad, quality is OK for a mall brand.

6. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Worst: Band of Outsiders

I love their pieces, and they have graet cuts and designs, but their prices are outrageous. I had a local stockist tell me he wouldn't sell their stuff because no one would take it until it was 70% off. Ridiculous. And those buttons. You pay a quarter of a grand for a shirt, you expect the buttons to stay on until you're out of the store.

+1
    Love me some BoO, but it s freaking rip.

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I bought 2 pairs of dress pants and they have held up fine. Some of there items aren't bad, quality is OK for a mall brand.
    Yeah, I think with Zara, it's all about the cut. They're able to mimic what's fashunable and spit out affordable copies within weeks... I bought a couple of slim-fit trousers/polos from Zara Man; not sure if that was a higher-quality line, but they all look great an have held up well.

8. Wiggles

Wiggles Active Member

What does this even mean? Triple needle stitching (who cares) and made in Japan with Japanese fabrics. For $175 less. Shut up. For all you know they could be made in the same factory.

You're just favoring wings & horns because it has more hype, nonnative's better in fit, construction, zippers, and uniqueness.

9. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

I would wear non-native, but the reason I won't/can't is tied into the need for this thread. Terrible bang for the buck. Non-native is getting a ton of hype right now while W+H is getting increasing backlash. Funny, since no one seems to actually wear Non-native.

Although your argument is completely subjective and silly (kinda like this thread), I found a lot of lol in the better zipper part.