1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

best winter parka

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ville_e, Aug 27, 2006.

1. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

ditto on all the spiewak supporters here. i've got a doyle coat myself, and it's been keeping me warm so far in chicago. although strangely enough, it has a cotton shell, and i think it may be fading...

2. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

If I had to pick one favorite parka it would be Spiewak's Golden Fleece N-3B. I have a vintage one and the quality is exceptional. I'm not sure where they can be found in the US, but imo it's a classic style with very solid construction.

3. HELLAHYPHY

HELLAHYPHY Well-Known Member

[​IMG] This is what i copped

4. ataboada

ataboada Active Member

[​IMG]

This is what i copped

What is this? I like it!

5. basho

basho Well-Known Member

I just got the Spiewak Greenwich Parka from .......... It's grey and exactly what I wanted -- a snorkel made with down, cotton shell rather than shiny nylon. Seems warm. $180 on sale. Oh and I'm 150lbs 6ft, and I sized down to a small and the arms are still long enough. [​IMG]

6. MonkeyFresh

MonkeyFresh Senior member

My John Varvatos parka, someone buy it [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Racove

Racove Senior member

I just got the Spiewak Greenwich Parka from .......... It's grey and exactly what I wanted -- a snorkel made with down, cotton shell rather than shiny nylon. Seems warm. $180 on sale. Oh and I'm 150lbs 6ft, and I sized down to a small and the arms are still long enough.

[​IMG]

I'd like something similar, but waterproof. Not a big fan of the super shiny nylon either and I don't even know if it is waterproof. Anyone know if it is or is not?

8. g.re

g.re Well-Known Member

dont know if you ever saw them, but i seriously like some pieces of the italian woolrich collection: here you can see it (please excuse the poor translation). i have the adirondak parka in black. so good, imo.

9. basho

basho Well-Known Member

I'd like something similar, but waterproof. Not a big fan of the super shiny nylon either and I don't even know if it is waterproof. Anyone know if it is or is not?

eh, I doubt it. you mean waterproof like gore-tex? at best it has some DWR coating, but i bet it doesn't even have that. if you want down and gore-tex, try something from LL Bean or Patagonia.

10. calloyaddy

calloyaddy Active Member

I have the spiewak in the photo above, and it's not waterproof. It's great for snow, not so much for heavy rain. It's warm as hell, and looks great with jeans. Mine's from last year, and I think this year's is a little different (much cheaper~ I paid 290+ for mine, and now they run about 200). I know the fur trim has shrunk, and maybe they're sourcing a different twill for the exterior? Either way, still a great coat . . .

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I just got this from a superfuture member. H&M hooded parka. It's a bit darker than the pic [​IMG]

12. keikun13

keikun13 Senior member

Definitely +1 for Spiewak. Not really a parka, but I have the Carson Field Jacket and it fits very well and is quite warm for the cold winters here in Boston.

13. Racove

Racove Senior member

I tried on most of the Spiewak Parkas and wasn't really feeling it. Its a shame too, I really wanted something similar and the prices were good. Even found them 40%-70% off. For one thing, I couldn't get over how massive the hoods were. It could easily fit over a football helmut, probably with room to spare. I couldn't find a comfortable way to wear it with the hood up.

14. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

just wondering, where did you find them at those discounts in chicago?

15. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

Here's how my rogues gallery parka fits: [​IMG] [​IMG] there's a picture of it unbuttoned/unzipped in the waywt a few more details: the lining, I love the orange quilt thing for the sleeves [​IMG] cuff detail [​IMG] drawstring thing [​IMG] here's how it fits on this model: http://www.asos.com/Rogues-Gallery/R...clr=Black&sh=0

16. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I just received this winter coat--a Barbour Wax Down Jacket. I think it is a great coat. Slim fitting, very warm, sturdy zipper.

[​IMG]