• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best White Sneakers? (basic and versatile)

halamadrid

Reaction score
Hey everybody I've been looking for a while and could never find anything and I know you guys will have the best answers./ Im 17 and decently dressed nowadays. I like to wear things like deep colored t-shirts or sweaters with a nice pair of jeans, but my dilemma is in the shoes.

**I Don't know where to find Basic, decent looking, Neutral colored Sneakers? **

I mean, sneakers that is. You guys have definitely helped me tune in on my preference in dress and oxford style shoes, But I don't have a clue where I can find good selection on basic, thin/medium soled sneakers, leather preferably, or canvas.

the only ones that have appealed to me are prada and tagged at $300. I would like to find something more unique that chuck taylors, and thats all I have around me.. I am taking a trip to seattle soon, any stores up there? Aldo? I don't mind purchasing online either.

thanks guys, and let me know what kind of sneakers you guys like wearing just so I can get an idea of whats out there.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
common projects
adidas stan smith
adidas rod laver
converse chuck taylors
converse jack purcells
keds
pro-keds
pf flyers bob cousey
vans authentic
vans era
vans off the wall slip-ons
superga
fred perry plimsols
chengs plimsols
nikexAPC
nike cortez

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Common projects Achilles
common projects court shoes
German military sneakers
mmm German military sneakers

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adidas shell-toe (whatever the model name is) look pretty good to me in all white when they're really broken in.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by halamadrid
I am taking a trip to seattle soon, any stores up there? Aldo? I don't mind purchasing online either.
Check out Blackbird, Ian, Atsui Tokyo, and Jack Straw is a new boutique that apparently just opened up. edit- There's also Marios but I'm not familiar with what they offer.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Adidas Superstar and Converse Jack Purcell leather.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend, in order:

Common Project Achilles
Common Projects Shell Toe
Common Project Court Shoes
Common Projects BBall High

Seriously, CP has white shoes locked down. They have no competition.

Oh and they are all retail around $400+, but if you use B&S or sufu's supermarket, you can get pretty much any pair you want under $200, maybe even under $150 if you're lucky.

Ge Fuzz

Reaction score
I like Spring Courts. But Im not 17, So I dunno...I have a pair of Adidas Rod Laver and to me they are not that versatile, they actually look quite goofy paired with certain pants. I wear my kswiss orignals more than anything, but again Im old school and not really hip (hell I think sperry topsiders are cool lol). I like jack purcell, and vans authentics the best.

any simple canvas sneaker will do really, this aint rocket surgery.

JO3B

Reaction score
lol, you and half of this forum things sperry topsiders are cool.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow SFers so nice these days. i feel like we have these threads every month or so.

i like spring courts personally

if you have money ($300+ at retail) and normal width feet common projects achilles

no money = vans new era or authentic or jack purcells or chuck taylors

willing to save a little = spring court

if you want to get out of the sf box, maybe seavees? haven't seen anybody wear them

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by halamadrid
I am taking a trip to seattle soon, any stores up there? Aldo? I don't mind purchasing online either.

thanks guys, and let me know what kind of sneakers you guys like wearing just so I can get an idea of whats out there.

tough questions, my special flower. Stores in Seattle? Unlikely. Such a small place.

choices in basic white tennis shoes? Good luck with that.

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
lol, you and half of this forum things sperry topsiders are cool.

I have a pair on right now
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads