• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Western of All Time

Gherkins

Reaction score
High Noon.
Rio Grande, El Dorado and expecially The Searchers are awesome too.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just to throw something different in: The Outlaw Josey Wales

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BernardMN
Once Upon a Time in the West
The culmination of all of Sergio's works plus the mind-boggling Morricone soundtrack.
Charles Bronson was never better either, The DVD with the extras and interviews is priceless.
B

Oh man and did someone say Claudia?
OnceUpon7.jpg

+1 then ...It's the Josie Wales! I liked Tombstone and the series Deadwood too!

Brogued

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
Budd Boetticher belongs in that company. It's an absolute travesty he isn't better remembered. I'll nominate his "˜7 Men from Now'. "˜The Hanging Tree', Vidor's "˜Man Without a Star', Mann's "˜The Man from Laramie', Huston's "˜The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean', Peckinpah's 'The Ballad of Cable Hogue', and Ray Milland's obscure "˜A Mane Alone' deserve mention here.

Those are all good ones, for sure. I'm with you on Budd Boetticher. "The Tall T" is a favorite. Randolph Scott is so good in all those Boetticher pictures and in Peckinpah's "Ride the Hide Country," too.

Mr. White

Reaction score
I said "The Searchers" as soon as I clicked on the thread title. Still, I gotta give honorable mention to Big Country as it captures my disgust with rural ignorance.

A Bad Day At Black Rock....best of the "modern" Westerns.

Comedy: Cat Ballou.

Brogued

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
I said "The Searchers" as soon as I clicked on the thread title. Still, I gotta give honorable mention to Big Country as it captures my disgust with rural ignorance.

Love "Bad Day at Black Rock." First time I really enjoyed Spencer Tracy.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Magnificent Seven
TGTBTU

Deadwood is an amazing show, I just can't get past the 6th episode or so, simply because it's depressing to watch a show that's already cancelled.....

Anyone watch Justified? Not a western per-se, but a modern cowboy type thing. It's pretty good.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 pages in and nobody has mentioned The Wild Bunch? That one easily tops my list.

Originally Posted by L.R.
Anyone watch Justified? Not a western per-se, but a modern cowboy type thing. It's pretty good.

I love Justified. I'm really looking forward to it's return next month.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White

The trilogy of your avatar.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any list of contenders would be incomplete without High Noon.

The current one on the big screen now is the new version of True Grit.
I'd certainly recommned it, if only for what I believe is the pretty accurate depiction of the living condition back in the "Good Old Days." The phrasing in the dialogue is pretty interesting. I like it much better than the first version.

skidsm

Reaction score
the searchers
the wild bunch
high noon
one eyed jacks
treasure of the sierra madre
pale rider

some of you need to watch some westerns made before 1990.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads