Best ways to get purple into an outfit?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Cayma, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Cayma

Cayma Active Member

I was thinking about this for obvious reasons, and I was wondering what is the best way to do so in a formal fashion. Lavender shirt or Tie? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, and even better if there are pictures.

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

3. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

It's not terribly challenging to find a pocket square with some purple in it. Purple neckties - either solid purple, or just having purple as one of their colors - are commonplace, as well.

I often wear argyle socks (even with suits, never mind that some people think that's inappropriate), and have a couple of pairs with purple in them.

Various other ways to get purple into an outfit, but those are three that I could pull off without having to go shopping. I mean, I don't happen to own a white dress shirt with fine purple stripes, but I'm sure they're out there.

While purple is pretty much a "year 'round" color, it does seem to get more play in springtime, than during the rest of the year. Especially around Easter, of course, but currently it's very "in" due to the pop star Prince's recent death.

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

Unless you are the turn at a function when a purple suit is fine, a tie/pocket square is the best way. Just go to some shops to look and don't expect it to be served up to you at a computer desk.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator