• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best way to lose weight from my face specifically?

liyon

Reaction score
A real 5-9, 120 lbs woman is very thin. I think it's the Playboy effect. Every playmate that is 5-0 is listed at 100lbs, 5-6 is 110 lbs, 5-10 is 125, etc... It's like in pro-wrestling where they exagerrate height and weight to make the guys seem larger than life.

A real 5-9 woman could easily be 145lbs and not look "fat" at all.

As for the original question, you could try doing facial exercises (google). Maybe that will help to tone your face.

mtechnic

Reaction score
OP: In today's information age, it boggles my mind that you want to just loose fat from your face and do not know how to feed yourself.

makushin

Reaction score
140lb is laughable. If I dropped to 140lb I would look like Bale in "The Mechanic".

I'm 5'9, average bone structure, and have ranged from 155 to 185 in the last 10 years. At 155 I looked gaunt. 185 was with working out and the ladies seemed to like it. The BMI is garbage.

Anyway, the fat face is purely a function of body fat %. Forget your weight, you want to slim your face, drop your body fat %. The most effective way to do this is heavy cardio. Start running, and avoid all junk food.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Fat accumulates where there is little blood circulation. Try these face exercises - there are 30 in all and here are the first two for starters. After you're done bend over so the top of your head is pointing towards the ground and pat your face. This flushes blood to the face for maximum effect.

These videos will help but others are correct - whole body exercise, proper nutrition and monitoring calories is also needed to reduce stubborn fat.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
no matter what facial exercises you do if you've got visceral fat around your face it will go in time if you're following a diet/workout regimen that allows for a caloric deficit.

unfortunately you can't spot-reduce fat.

Bruce9241

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylemeup
I don't eat fish.

Other than that, my problem isn't the unwillingness to do the effort. Rather, my problem is I literally don't know how to feed myself with wholesome foods that will make me lose fat instead of foods that are bad for me.

Yes I can eat an apple, but I need to know what exactly to buy to eat for every meal. I haven't got the first clue about that. The reason I eat takeout and frozen foods 100% of the time is because that's all I know how to do.

Sometimes I fry some ground beef and make hamburger helper with it. Is that bad for me too? That's as much 'cooking' as I know how to do.

Where can I go to find out exactly what to eat every day?

Cooking is easy. You can purchase whole chickens from clubstores for about $3.00 each. Just take it out of the package and thoroughly rinse it then dry it. Rub salt, pepper and paprika all over it. GO nuts. Rub tons on it. Put it in the oven at 375 for about an hour and you have roast chicken.

It'll take just like the Rotiserrie chickens you purchase at the store for $6.00. Saves money and is healthy.

gilwood

Reaction score
I order sub sandwiches and pizza and chicken teryaki and burgers and stuff like that from local takeout places pretty much every day.

It sounds to me like you're a victim of the evil MSG (monosodium glutamate). Restaurants commonly put this in their food to make it taste better. The extreme salts will actually build up fluids in your face, making it appear puffy.

That's why you should only eat sushi once a week tops, once a month is better. This is because of the large amount of MSG in the Soy Sauce.

http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com/msg.html

gilwood

Reaction score
Oh and not just asian restaurants put MSG in their food. Almost every fast food or even mom & pop put MSG liberally in everything. Also, avoid your company's cafeteria as well...

kontai69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
The extreme salts will actually build up fluids in your face, making it appear puffy.
http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com/msg.html

More importantly, extreme salt (i.e. sodium) intake will also spike up your blood pressure, which of course makes you much more likely to develop heart disease, strokes, etc.

My uncle suffered a stroke and kidney failure due to a lifelong diet of extremely salty foods. He would literally drown his food in soy sauce. Most ironically, he was a medical doctor, so of all people, he should have known better. He is now confined to his home and needs routine kidney dialysis to stay alive.

stylemeup

Reaction score
I bought a digital scale that measures weight, body fat percentages, and body water percentages.

Once again I'm 5'9, 29 years old, male.

As of today it listed my stats as:

Weight: 158.4 lbs
Body Fat %: 19.7%
Body Water: 55.6%

I think I might have lost some weight over the past month or two since I've been watching my calories for the first time in my life, but, I am not sure I was 170 to start with. That was just an estimate.

At 158.4 lbs, my face is still way too fat-looking. What weight would I have to be at in order to not have a fat-looking face?

How much mg of sodium should I intake in a day in a healthy way?

I notice everything I buy at the grocery store has tons of sodium in it.

Ie: one of my strategies for losing weight is to eat 2 packs of Mr. Noodles per day and that's it. But that is 3920mg of sodium right there. Is that insanely high, or normal per one day's sodium intake?

With Kraft dinner, if I eat two packages a day and nothing else, that is 3280mg of sodium.

Taxler

Reaction score
An all noodle diet is a bad idea, and you need to consider the more than total calories. Do research on healthy diets and nutrition, or just go with something like Weight Watchers or the South Beach diet.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stop eating packaged food, especially ones that are chock full of preservatives and salt. You will go nowhere with that stuff. NOTHING you buy at the grocery store should have tons of salt in it - if they do, you are buying the wrong things.

Clean up your diet and drink lots of water and the fat will come off - there's no magic to this. You cannot spot reduce. Post your diet from breakfast to dinner and we can suggest ways to clean it up.

kontai69

Reaction score
What weight would I have to be at in order to not have a fat-looking face?
I think this is impossible to answer. People lose weight differently and their fat is distributed differently from person to person. I eat healthy, exercise 5 days a week, and still have a slight amount of belly fat (little to no visible fat anywhere else) no matter how many situps I do.

How much mg of sodium should I intake in a day in a healthy way?
I believe the recommended allowance is 2500mg (2.5g). I measured out that much table salt (using a gram scale) and 2.5 grams is not that much once you see it. As you said, the noodle crap you eat is loaded with sodium. You could try using a no salt bouillion in leiu of the seasoning packet the comes with the dried noodles. It won't taste as nearly as good but at least it won't have the sodium.
But yeah, a noodle only diet is not healthy. I'm sure you are not getting the necessary nutrients, vitamins, fiber, and stuff. You need a balanced diet.
As to losing weight, you still have to exercise, if you are not doing so already.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads