• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best wash settings to suck the color out of Levi STFs?

TyroneFig

Reaction score
I have a pair of Levi STFs... I took a bath with them on but other than that haven't washed them. I want to drain the color out of them as fast as possible, what would be the best wash cycle to get rid of the darkness?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How could you missed the pinned "I have a jeans... question" thread?

TyroneFig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
How could you missed the pinned "I have a jeans... question" thread?

I didn't, no one answered there.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
well-played, sir...highest heat + highest agitation = most indigo loss

TyroneFig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
well-played, sir...highest heat + highest agitiation = most indigo loss

Thanks. Anything I need to do with gentle or rough wash (I have no idea how wash machines work my mom does the wash)?

When it loses indigo do they end up looking like a similar blue to medium stonewash (minus the stonewash)?

I would like to suck the dye out of this pair and then get another pair someday and not wash them to keep the indigo.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
tell your mom you want it as rough and hot as you can get it...xenox101 can help you choose the perfect words...

having a hard time imagining stonewash without the stonewash...but, yeah, i guess...it'll lighten up...

good luck...and pay attention to the way it shrinks, so you can choose the perfect size for your next pair

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyroneFig
I didn't, no one answered there.

Ah, so you thought that the lack of responses in that thread pointed toward a general interest in the topic, calling for a new thread? sounds reasoanble.

MLIW

Reaction score
high heat maybe some bleach on it just as a start?

TyroneFig

Reaction score
Ah, so you thought that the lack of responses in that thread pointed toward a general interest in the topic, calling for a new thread? sounds reasoanble.

Wow, sounds like someone thinks threads have actual value and are only valid when voted on by a committee.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread doesnt have any value, thats for sure. Youre BANNED!

TyroneFig

Reaction score
This thread doesnt have any value, thats for sure. Youre BANNED!

Your response made me think that you had this idea that new threads are reserved for only special circumstances. Seriously, who gives a ****?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you check the "what the hells wrong with this place" thread, obviously quite a few.

TyroneFig

Reaction score
If you check the "what the hells wrong with this place" thread, obviously quite a few.

Yeah and I'll never understand why.

Double D

Reaction score
Lot of needless hate in this thread.

A packet of unground rocksalt in the wash should produce a more stonewashed look as opposed to the smooth blue look that bleach and detergent gives... asides from that high heat and plenty of agitation should do the job, may need more than one go to get the desired look.

Now that the question has actually been answered we can get down to letting this topic die out rather than bumping it to the top with bitching...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads