Best value in (thick, heavy, yet stylish and well constructed) hoodies?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by inviscid, Oct 8, 2006.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Where did he say non-zip?

inviscid, where do you live? Uniqlo in Soho had some pretty heavy hoodies last winter--kind of a sueded cotton, very sturdy, and like $30, IIRC. Of course, if you're not in a very small area in NY and North NJ, that's not very helpful.

You won't get any sF points for it, but have you checked the mall stores? Places like J Crew have alright hoodies, not great value necessarily, but usually reasonably warm and still well under $100. BR has one for $80 that's a cotton/wool blend and has a double zip and all. Granted, I haven't seen these in person, but they're there.

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

Where did he say non-zip?

I assumed he meant non-zip because he mentioned that he liked the fit of American Apparel, but they were not an option since they were so thin. However AA has a thick (thermal lined) zip hoodie. So either he didn't know this, he doesn't like the particular hoodie for some reason, or he wants non-zip.

3. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

4. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

If you're into the Nike Hoodies, but they're too boxy, you should probably just buy one and get it taken in. That way, you've got the style you like and the fit to match.

5. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

St. Johns Bay Hoodie (JCPennys)

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/Product...archDepartment

I have a few of them.

a friend of mine has a knit hoodie by St. Johns Bay in white. very cool. wish they made that version for men.

-Jeff

6. Dangydang

Dangydang Senior member

Dunderdon makes a very solid plain zip-up hoody for around $80-90.

7. Max

Max Senior member

Uniqlo in NYC had cashmere non-zip hoodies for like $100. Not terribly thick, but nice.

If you're in southern new england, Bob's stores always has nice thermal hoodies for about $35 around the wintertime. You can always just take the sides in or size down if you want the thing to fit smaller. Mine lasted 2 years with heavy use before the zipper gave out.

8. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I know I might get flak for posting this here instead of the B&S forum, but it's on topic so what the hell: I'm selling a brand new, tagged Ever waffle-lined hoodie in black, size large, for $100 shipped.

Check it out right heeyah:
    http://www.bluebeeonline.com/product...57&pn=1&st=210

They're $140 at AE with the SF discount, not including shipping, so I'm saving you fifty bucks or so (and AE doesn't carry black, so I'm actually saving you ninety bucks or so). It's nice and warm and looks damn sharp; I actually ordered two with the intention of sending one back and then forgot. It's fitted, but not absurdly so - I take a L in AA and a M in most other brands, and this is a near-perfect fit on me. Interested?

9. Max

Max Senior member

Also, Supreme has the nicest hoodies I've ever seen. Ridiculously heavy cotton that's thermal lined and just all-around beefy. I'd even say that they're approaching worth the $120, and that's coming from an extremely cheap fashion consumer.

10. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

Doesnt Supreme print on Champion?

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Doesnt Supreme print on Champion?

No. They use a cut-and-sew program. Their sweats are very well made, by a very good company. If you see one, look up CA number.

12. Flame

Flame Senior member

Supreme is made by CYC I believe.

13. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

No love for Ever on this board, apparently, so I'll throw some in here: this is a killer hoody, espec. for $100. The construction is industrial-grade, and there's just enough detailing to give it character (slight weathering, sleeve patch, gold zipper) without making it over the top (e.g. those hideous Great China Wall things they also sell at Blue Bee - pair one of those with some Antiks and you'll be the most wanktastic AmJack in the room).

I know this isn't a brand we all nut ourselves over, but I also got me a Spruce from a while back, and I'll just say that there's a reason these Ever numbers retail for more than the current Wings & Horns (not that the latter aren't great pieces in their own right).

14. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

P.S. I should add that I'm keeping one of the Evers I bought, I just had a hard time rationalizing another high-end black hoody. Also, that little speck near the right pocket in the Blue Bee photo is a removable Ever logo pin - cool touch.

15. DNW

DNW Senior member

P.S. I should add that I'm keeping one of the Evers I bought, I just had a hard time rationalizing another high-end black hoody. Also, that little speck near the right pocket in the Blue Bee photo is a removable Ever logo pin - cool touch.

Alright, I'm sold. Too bad it's not my size. For curiousity's sake, what are the measurements?