• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Underwear You've Worn?

JamesII

Reaction score
I've tried various underwear styles over the years, briefs, boxers, boxer breifs and trunks and have settled recently on briefs. I'm aware that they are not the most popuar among my age group (im 32) but I also see that they are slowly becoming more popular and there are some nice designer styles to be had. I'm also finding that a lot of what is available is a bit mroe suited to the older gent shall we say.

Basically I am looking for something classic, well fitted and stylish without spending a fortune (I'm usually a multipack guy). Does anyone have any suggestions? Needs to be available in the UK. I've tried a few high street mens stores own brands with varying success. I had heard good things about the UNIQLO breifs but seems they have changed them now and they are not so good.

So - younger briefs wearers - whats in your drawer?

ap10046

Reaction score
Lifesaver thread..literally.
CK in many iterations..ALL bloody painfully bugger around with the inner thigh area..

ap10046

Reaction score
The name's a bit of a conversation starter, I tell you! LOL

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon Papi low rise briefs and love the fit. Michael Kors has great boxer briefs

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife complains that she can see my butt Crack when I wear low rise jeans So I need a 1 piece slim fit like scuba fear

jw37

Reaction score
The best, longest lasting boxers I have found are from City Boxers. Made in Maine. They are custom made and a little pricey but last forever and a great selection of fabrics. https://www.cityboxers.com/
Great recommendation. Couldn't agree more. I've not worn boxers for twenty years or so, and thought I'd give them a try because of the reviews here and elsewhere. Extraordinary service, too. I'm being so enthusiastic I feel that I should mention that I've lurked here for years (used to be on AskAndy) and signed up just to recommend them!
jw

shrink1061

Reaction score
I used to be able to pick up these CK boxers in my local TK maxx, that were a non stretch cotton (like shirt fabric I guess you'd say), elasticated waistband in a slim fit. They were just the right shape to fit me well, but sadly I can't seem to find them anywhere any more.

A quick look on their website shows something I believe to be similar, but at £35 for a pack of two, I'm not that desperate.

Alternatively, Thomas Pink boxers fit me OK.

I don't like the stretchy type, I find they rise up my leg throughout the day until they've created a thick band of leg destroying cotton at the very top of my thigh.

Becon

Reaction score
I used to be able to pick up these CK boxers in my local TK maxx, that were a non stretch cotton (like shirt fabric I guess you'd say), elasticated waistband in a slim fit. They were just the right shape to fit me well, but sadly I can't seem to find them anywhere any more.

A quick look on their website shows something I believe to be similar, but at £35 for a pack of two, I'm not that desperate.

Alternatively, Thomas Pink boxers fit me OK.

I don't like the stretchy type, I find they rise up my leg throughout the day until they've created a thick band of leg destroying cotton at the very top of my thigh.

I think I know exactly the type you're talking about. I wore them for years but they changed the styling and made the inseam longer.

I currently wear these Calvin Klein low rise trunks and I'm very happy with them. The cuff around the thigh is very thin and has very little elastic. But the inseam isn't long so it can't really ride up and bunch up throughout the day.

https://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Klein-Underwear-Cotton-Stretch/dp/B00JQRHGDM/

Ed13

Reaction score
I have been wearing the Brooks Brothers button up boxers for around 10 years. Extremely comfortable with no waistband and last a long time. I tried a couple of pairs and then purchased 3 dozen. Eighteen original pairs still in rotation and the rest still in package.

For active wear I like MEC boxer briefs in their T1 fabric. When needed I wear MEC's winter version with a wind guard for your package. I was sceptical at first but are great when skiing.

Squirrel76

Reaction score
I've had problems getting a spit shine on my Cordovan jockstrap. Anyone else have the same experience or do you all go with calf?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had problems getting a spit shine on my Cordovan jockstrap. Anyone else have the same experience or do you all go with calf?

You need a deer bone.

Seriously, having tried all sorts of underwear for various reasons, I can recommend Columbia's stretchy mesh boxer-briefs for athletics, and oddly, Gap boxers even over BB, my old daily drivers. Objectively I know briefs are probably the most comfortable...but I just can't. So I'm old school with cotton boxers, especially for sleeping in warm weather. And on the plus side you can stumble around your kitchen in the morning in boxers and a T shirt and still be semi-respectable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads