• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best type of wallet for the front pocket?

kookydooky

Reaction score
What type of wallet is best used for your front pocket? Somethign that isnt too bulgey

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sheer practicality, the vote goes to: http://www.amazon.com/Junior-ALL-ETT...8140511&sr=8-3 If you want something that looks nice as well, go with a credit-card holder in a nice leather. The key to avoiding the bulge, though, is not the wallet itself, but what you put in it. Most people carry a lot of things in their wallet that they will never need.

Patrician

Reaction score
You should skip the wallet and go with a leather credit card holder+ a metal money clip. Wallets are (usually) big and ugly.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the credit card holder and money clip. It's amazing and keeps you from carrying unecessary stuff.

Patrician

Reaction score
^ Not only does it keep you from carrying things you dont really need, but the money clip also adds an extra touch as a quite rare accessory.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just avoid using the wallet as a filing cabinet.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
In the US I use a sterling silver business card case as my main wallet along with a money clip when I carry cash, and always put it in my front pocket if I'm not wearing a jacket. It is thin, and I have not had problems even with lightweight frescoes.

In Europe, I add a small leather change purse.

Patrician

Reaction score
If there's one thing I hate, it's coins. Man do I hate them.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are in my rotation. I also have standard backpocket wallets but use them rarely. The credit card holders are slim and forces you to carry essential items only.

DSC06681.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
+1 on the credit card holder and money clip. It's amazing and keeps you from carrying unecessary stuff.
I switched several years ago to a card holder, and I love it. It forces me to carry only what is needed.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
These are in my rotation. I also have standard backpocket wallets but use them rarely. The credit card holders are slim and forces you to carry essential items only.

DSC06681.jpg

Nice collection.

BBdude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrician
You should skip the wallet and go with a leather credit card holder+ a metal money clip. Wallets are (usually) big and ugly.

Anyone have a link to a nice one? Could use one myself. I saw someone in another thread link to a $155 Gucci one that is nice, but a bit too much for my taste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads