1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best type of wallet for the front pocket?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kookydooky, Sep 25, 2008.

1. MaxJones

MaxJones Senior member

+10 on the money clip suggestion. I keep a sterling money clip in one back pocket, and a small Todd's credit card holder in the other back pocket. Coin change goes to the tip jar, street urchin, or occasionally a front pocket.

I've been doing this for years and I love it.

Tradition wallets are far too bulky and break the line of your pants, IMO.

2. BBdude

BBdude Well-Known Member

Live in NY? C21 has Maslov money money clips (and tie bars) for very cheap prices.

Nah, but I'll be down on the lower east side in a couple weeks. I'll check it out.

I like the idea of the money clip, but I usually don't carry much cash so the money clip is futile when you have something like 2 or 3 20's on you.

Perhaps a weekend wallet would be ideal.

3. playdohh22

playdohh22 Senior member

4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

5. BryanHarig

BryanHarig Well-Known Member

These are in my rotation. I also have standard backpocket wallets but use them rarely. The credit card holders are slim and forces you to carry essential items only.

[​IMG]

Where did you get the top right credit card holder, I like it a lot.

6. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

If it does not fit into here, I do not need it.
    L.V.
    2 credit cards
    health card
    drivers permit
    debit card
    a few biz cards and some bills folded. not many, but who needs a bunch of cash on a daily basis anymore.

[​IMG]

7. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior member

I like this one I have from Flat Head, it's a light shell cordovan, resembling Alden whiskey. I think they also make it in black.

It's not super thin or dressy, but works well for jeans, etc... (picture makes it look bigger than it is)

[​IMG]

8. Mr. Macaque

Mr. Macaque Senior member

all-ett

+1
    I have one. It's slimmer than almost all leather cardholders, but you get the advantage of a full-fledged billfold. And for those who care, it's also veggie friendly[​IMG]

9. Patrician

Patrician Senior member

Somewhere in crazy Europe with all the naked girls
    Depends on the style.

http://www.filson.com/product/index....entPage=family

Actually thats even more ugly since its a wallet, which we have established to be ugly, plus an attached money clip, which I have established ugly. [​IMG]

Style-wise is sh-/c-/would look something like this:

A credit card holder:
    [​IMG]

plus a money clip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. lordofpi

lordofpi Senior member

Sorry all, but I've gone through every phase of this -- from trifold to bifold to case with money clip to money clip only, but nothing beats the old fashioni rubberband bank. No bulge, no "too many bills won't fit in clip," or "too few bills slide out of the clip," no "hang on, I can find it... it's in my wallet somewhere...," no ratty worn out leather, and minimal pocket bulge.

Step 1: Fold cash in half, big bills inside, singles on the outside (any other way is just looking to draw attention)
    Step 2: Insert only necessary cards in between the fold of money
    Step 3: Place a fresh rubberband of proper thickness (this comes with experience) around the whole lot.
    Step 4: Live life wallet-free and have access to all your cards as well as cash at a second's notice.

I know will be mocked for this; I used to scoff at my father when he told me it was the best way and that I ought to stop playing with the other methods, but eventually, five years after he first told me, it won out. Give it a try, you may like it.

11. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Actually thats even more ugly since its a wallet, which we have established to be ugly, plus an attached money clip, which I have established ugly. [​IMG]

LOL! We meaning a handful of people? Style is a matter of personal preference not a matter of what someone else thinks. What works for one does not mean it works for another. Someone asked a question, answers were given with a variety of solutions. It's up to the OP to determine what will work for them, not what I like or you like.

12. Patrician

Patrician Senior member

Somewhere in crazy Europe with all the naked girls
  13. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Ah, the royal "we".

14. shoesies

shoesies Senior member

Hey Lee,

what one you running in the bottom right of your pic? I also like the look of the prada on the left

15. kiLLscaLLion

kiLLscaLLion Senior member

16. paper clip

paper clip Senior member

Filson makes several credit card type wallets, one with a money clip. I own one with the clip and it works great for a front pocket wallet.

I have gone completely to the Filson Security Wallet. Note - pic is not me....its from the Filson site.

[​IMG]

http://www.filson.com/product/index....entPage=family

I keep it in my front pocket or jacket inside pocket. It is very liberating to be free of the big wallet.

License, health ins., credit card, a debit card and a couple of $20s is all you need.

17. JR_Rider

JR_Rider Senior member

I have been using the SmartMoney Clip which is available in a number of finishes. They have two different sizes available, one that holds 5 cards and another that holds ten....I I use to carry my cards in in a leather card holder and my money in a silver money clip. The SmartMoney clip is a great option and will definitely meet your needs...

18. Thurston

Thurston Senior member

I use a money clip and two different card cases. I use a Tumi bifold with 6 card slots and 2 pockets during the week. I need to carry company as well as personal credit cards, business cards, driver's license, carry permit, ATM card... but it resides in my briefcase all day.

On the weekend, I switch to an RL slim card case with 3 total slots styled like this.
    [​IMG]
    The only things I carry on the weekend are a credit card, driver's license and whatever store cards I plan on using (BB, NM, etc.) Unlike most in ths thread, I do carry significant cash.

19. hadamulletonce

hadamulletonce Senior member

I have a Bosca front pocket wallet. Plenty of room for a few cards and ID with a magnetic money clip on the back. The magnets are strong so it's a really secure money clip.

Bosca Front Pocket Wallet

20. Skydiver Nick

Skydiver Nick Well-Known Member

Nice leather card case and metal money clip.