1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best type of wallet for the front pocket?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kookydooky, Sep 25, 2008.

1. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Distinguished Member

Anyone have a link to a nice one? Could use one myself. I saw someone in another thread link to a $155 Gucci one that is nice, but a bit too much for my taste.

Live in NY? C21 has Maslov money money clips (and tie bars) for very cheap prices.

2. Crane's

Crane's Distinguished Member

Filson makes several credit card type wallets, one with a money clip. I own one with the clip and it works great for a front pocket wallet.

3. Patrician

Patrician Senior Member

Somewhere in crazy Europe with all the naked girls
    Filson makes several credit card type wallets, one with a money clip. I own one with the clip and it works great for a front pocket wallet.
    Credit card holders/cases with attached money clips are ugly. [​IMG] OP should look for separate accessories.

4. kiLLscaLLion

kiLLscaLLion Senior Member

How is the quality of Burberry wallets?

5. nauqneyugn

nauqneyugn Member

How about a weekend wallet?

6. MaxJones

MaxJones Senior Member

+10 on the money clip suggestion. I keep a sterling money clip in one back pocket, and a small Todd's credit card holder in the other back pocket. Coin change goes to the tip jar, street urchin, or occasionally a front pocket.

I've been doing this for years and I love it.

Tradition wallets are far too bulky and break the line of your pants, IMO.

7. BBdude

BBdude Well-Known Member

Live in NY? C21 has Maslov money money clips (and tie bars) for very cheap prices.

Nah, but I'll be down on the lower east side in a couple weeks. I'll check it out.

I like the idea of the money clip, but I usually don't carry much cash so the money clip is futile when you have something like 2 or 3 20's on you.

Perhaps a weekend wallet would be ideal.

8. Crane's

Crane's Distinguished Member

9. BryanHarig

BryanHarig Well-Known Member

These are in my rotation. I also have standard backpocket wallets but use them rarely. The credit card holders are slim and forces you to carry essential items only.

[​IMG]

Where did you get the top right credit card holder, I like it a lot.

10. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior Member

If it does not fit into here, I do not need it.
    L.V.
    2 credit cards
    health card
    drivers permit
    debit card
    a few biz cards and some bills folded. not many, but who needs a bunch of cash on a daily basis anymore.

[​IMG]

11. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior Member

I like this one I have from Flat Head, it's a light shell cordovan, resembling Alden whiskey. I think they also make it in black.

It's not super thin or dressy, but works well for jeans, etc... (picture makes it look bigger than it is)

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Macaque

Mr. Macaque Senior Member

all-ett

+1
    I have one. It's slimmer than almost all leather cardholders, but you get the advantage of a full-fledged billfold. And for those who care, it's also veggie friendly[​IMG]

13. Patrician

Patrician Senior Member

Somewhere in crazy Europe with all the naked girls
    Depends on the style.

http://www.filson.com/product/index....entPage=family

Actually thats even more ugly since its a wallet, which we have established to be ugly, plus an attached money clip, which I have established ugly. [​IMG]

Style-wise is sh-/c-/would look something like this:

A credit card holder:
    [​IMG]

plus a money clip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. lordofpi

lordofpi Senior Member

Sorry all, but I've gone through every phase of this -- from trifold to bifold to case with money clip to money clip only, but nothing beats the old fashioni rubberband bank. No bulge, no "too many bills won't fit in clip," or "too few bills slide out of the clip," no "hang on, I can find it... it's in my wallet somewhere...," no ratty worn out leather, and minimal pocket bulge.

Step 1: Fold cash in half, big bills inside, singles on the outside (any other way is just looking to draw attention)
    Step 2: Insert only necessary cards in between the fold of money
    Step 3: Place a fresh rubberband of proper thickness (this comes with experience) around the whole lot.
    Step 4: Live life wallet-free and have access to all your cards as well as cash at a second's notice.

I know will be mocked for this; I used to scoff at my father when he told me it was the best way and that I ought to stop playing with the other methods, but eventually, five years after he first told me, it won out. Give it a try, you may like it.