• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Trouser Makers

Norriss

Reaction score
For people on a budget, I usually recommend Hertling-made trousers. Brand will depend on what kind of fit they prefer. For people who have a bit more money, then Rota, either their brand or one of their private labels. Again, depends on the fit they want.

I'd like to learn more about the fits available and how trouser fits combine with jacket styles to effect silhouette.

Camerashy

Reaction score
The Rake - Kit Blake! :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

I’m looking to purchase a pair of KB trousers at the moment
I’m normally a 36UK waist but think I need to go up to a 38UK from their sizing chart any one have this size please and is there a lot of spare cloth at the top of the legs so much so that they need taking in or is the fit good
Thanks

Last edited:

leapyourbar

Reaction score
My two cents: Ambrosi Napoli > Isaia > Benevento or Stoffa (my flannel Stoffa are incredible, where my cottons held up just OK; Benevento's were quite serviceable, so I'm counting this as a draw). Would love to try Pomella out to see where they land, but the last three pairs I've purchased have been from Ambrosi.

TC11201

Reaction score
My two cents: Ambrosi Napoli > Isaia > Benevento or Stoffa (my flannel Stoffa are incredible, where my cottons held up just OK; Benevento's were quite serviceable, so I'm counting this as a draw). Would love to try Pomella out to see where they land, but the last three pairs I've purchased have been from Ambrosi.
Agree with the assessment of Ambrosi. I have 3 pairs of Ambrosi MTO (with covid + the earlier delivery/timing issues with Ambrosi bespoke in the US, have not taken that step yet) and they are truly beautifully made. I find I wear them more frequently than my Pommella pairs, although that could simply be down to personal fit and materials preferences than any noticeable difference in quality (I certainly can’t find any meaningful qualitative differences). Both are excellent.

At a major step down in price, I find Rota delivers 95% of what Ambrosi does but ymmv. And I do like Incotex for the materials they use and the more casual vibe of many of their lines.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have two pair of MTM Ambrosi that I rarely wear because they’ve never fit properly. One was so badly fitting it had to be remade and still doesn’t fit properly (Salvatore took the measurements personally).

I must say though, the handwork on them is stunning and looks fantastic hanging in my closet.

As much as I have invested in them, I need to take them to an alterations tailor and see if they can be fixed. I just haven’t yet.

I only have one pair of OTR Pomella (in a Fox Flannel) and I really love them.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ambrosi makes nice pants, but I've found them to be just pants, not particularly different from other Italian makers and differing from other bespoke makers just in silhouette.

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CHIAIA Napoli, one of the best!
Vincenzo Annunziata is one of the biggest names in the world when it comes to trousers:
Cesare Attolini?
i had two wool flannel chiaia , hand stitches everywhere, but low rise and slim.

compare the handwork, Attolini (not those casual chino) and Donnanna is same level.

most of my pants are incotex and rota / rotasport , then some castangia isaia caruso canali brioni rlpl etc.
for dress pants, my favorite is old PRL by corneliani. for casual, maybe incotex linochino

Last edited:

TomTom

Reaction score
For my taste and the trousers I personally own, Natalino and Scavini suit me best.Both have great models( high rise,pleats,side adjusters,great fabrics) and are very affordable if you live in Europe or the UK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads