• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Trouser Makers

thedavidstarr

Reaction score
lot of information here but for someone six feet tall 170-180 lbs. slim build what are the slimmer brands. I bought lots of Hertlings etc from Drinkwater's here in Boston which I really liked but I had to have them all tapered. I'd like to find a slim brand...

shortlefty

Reaction score
Got huge thighs and ass but slim below the knees.. any recommendations? 160 and below if possible.

Tried both classic and slim from spier and still too tight. Might have to unfortunately size up and alter rtw pants. Or just go to Mytailor and get them custom but their pants are $225+

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll agree with the Cording’s recommendation. If you like a higher rise and a bit fuller cut, it’s hard to beat their OTR stuff in terms of prices. I will say their stuff leans a bit more towards the casual (or English country) side of the spectrum though.

Another one to consider is Samuelsohn. They do offer OTR dress trousers.From what I’ve found, their construction and quality seems to be on par with Rota but they’re usually a bit less expensive. The only drawback is that they don’t have as large an offering of fabrics in their OTR RTW stuff as Rota (but Samuelsohn has an extensive catalog of fabrics if you want to go the custom route).

Guyinbrown

Reaction score
CHIAIA Napoli, one of the best!
Vincenzo Annunziata is one of the biggest names in the world when it comes to trousers:
What’s the price range for their trousers? Thx

Outboundbob74

Reaction score
finding good quality trousers is hard, l wear chinos quite a alot, l came across charles tyrwhitt chinos & l stand by them the quality is out of this world & the price is not bad ever, they come in three fits with permant crease, they dont need a good ironing ever, and come in many colours, personaly after spending hundreds of pounds on chinos that just dont hold their shape or style after a couple of months, charles tyrwhitt are my number one to go too.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lot of information here but for someone six feet tall 170-180 lbs. slim build what are the slimmer brands. I bought lots of Hertlings etc from Drinkwater's here in Boston which I really liked but I had to have them all tapered. I'd like to find a slim brand...
I'm 6ft and 185lbs-athletic build. Zanella makes some nice pants which fit me well and also GTA 1955.
Zanella Parker Model only needed hemming
Also bought Zanella flannel/windowpane. Nice lightweight flannel and again only hemming necessary.
Luciano Barbera also made (recently sold) nice pants with excellent fabrics.

sartoriale

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What’s the price range for their trousers? Thx
I will ask Gennaro and let you know.

We also have a few pieces on our site:

Guyinbrown

Reaction score
I will ask Gennaro and let you know.

We also have a few pieces on our site:
Thank you

artyom.le.gall

Reaction score
Can you please advise on straight-fit, high-rise & flat-front ? ideally with side tabs.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members