• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Trouser Makers

emptym

Reaction score
I like my Luxire pants as much as my Ambrosi ones. For regular RTW, I like Land's End's "tailored fit." @edmorel's Panta pants look very good, but I haven't tried them.

Edit, I also like Gurteens for a high rise, fuller cut.

TC11201

Reaction score
FWIW, I recently tried Rota’s MTO program from their website after purchasing many pairs of Rota trousers from third-party retailers. I was able to select among a modest variety of fabrics (largely ’core’ or ‘classics’), specify a few details (number of pleats, waist style, rise (medium or high), lining fabric, etc.) and choose from their stock sizes.

Ordered on Dec. 29 and the package was received US east coast yesterday (Jan 15). Excellent execution - fabric is beautiful thick brushed cotton twill in navy, workmanship is precise and clean, style is trim but comfortable, my choices were executed exactly as selected and turnaround was fast, especially over the holiday period when much of Southern Europe shuts down. Pricing seems on par with purchasing from retailers - non-Eu, I paid around $260 for 500gr blue brushed cotton twill.

The main ‘downsides’ (really just limitations) are that fabric selection is decent, but not expansive, and there is no way to alter any measurements beyond stock sizing. But if you are looking for basics, like to be able to specify a few, visible details and Rota’s stock sizes work for you, I’d highly recommend this. I’m very pleased for a first go and will order more.

LuxGentleman

Reaction score
PT Torino / Rota / Zanella / Incotex
Buy now with 15% discount
prices are already discounted by 60% + another 15%
Discount Code : STYLE15
29_10_19-97.jpg

Guyinbrown

Reaction score
I'm doing some research into trousers and wondering who some of the better makers are (specific to RTW). From what little I've gathered, the following makers seem to be considered quite good:

Ambrosi Napoli
Pommella
Rota
Anderson & Sheppard
Ring Jacket
Osaku

More mainstream:
Zegna
ISAIA
Pantaloni Torino (PT)
Incotex

Are there others that you'd recommend? Note that price is not a factor as trousers from these makers are $200+; just trying to identify who the better RTW makers are when it comes to trousers. Thanks for your input.
I would add Zanella to the list

thedavidstarr

Reaction score
I'm doing some research into trousers and wondering who some of the better makers are (specific to RTW). From what little I've gathered, the following makers seem to be considered quite good:

Ambrosi Napoli
Pommella
Rota
Anderson & Sheppard
Ring Jacket
Osaku

More mainstream:
Zegna
ISAIA
Pantaloni Torino (PT)
Incotex

Are there others that you'd recommend? Note that price is not a factor as trousers from these makers are $200+; just trying to identify who the better RTW makers are when it comes to trousers. Thanks for your input.
It’s all about the fit. Most pants look far too full for most men.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saks off 5th is having a good deal on Zanella right now, BOGO at $199 + extra 10% off, so basically $80-90 a pair.

Are they worth that? I felt some in store and while nice, wasn't super overly impressed. These were the parker model.

I'm trying to stay under $150ish per pair if there are any other brands recommended around there either retail or on sale.
I've bought 5 pairs of Zanella over the last 2 years from Saks off Fifth. All wool and retail anywhere from 350 to 400.
I paid 80.
Nice wool (100%) different weights and solid or patterns. They had a bigger selection of patterned Zanella when I first began buying.

Joefitz

Reaction score
Not Suitsupply! They make pants like girls leggings. Might work for very skinny men, but even then they look downright silly, like a pair of tights

Guyinbrown

Reaction score
Another good trousers maker is Corrado Napoli, although they don’t offer RTW they do offer very reasonably priced bespoke trousers for less than 210€ and delivery within 7 days. Plus is that mainly they use Vitale Barberis Canonico or Caccioppoli fabrics. Also Kit Blake RTW flannel trousers are superb when it comes to the fit.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost all of the manufacturers listed above make multiple models and styles. The key is to find a model that looks good on you. The nicest fabrics and sewing will not salvage the wrong cut.

Bartolo

Reaction score
It’s all about the fit. Most pants look far too full for most men.
PT01 for me have a nice not-too-short rise and a slim thigh that avoids that too full look. But not the “super slim” denoted models. Isaia as well; decent rise and slim thigh.

andreyb2

Reaction score
I buy RTW trousers from two shops: Cordings and (now) Natalino.

The reasons are quite specific to my preferences -- they make the cut I like (high rise, full thighs, gradual tapering, single pleat) in the cloth I like but consider to be too expensive to make bespoke (British-made corduroy and moleskin, Irish linen, etc)

Their standard of make is different than some of Italian factories mentioned above. I won't call it worse -- just different. For example, the lining is made from a robust (not soft) cotton, not from shirting cloth.

For me these two are "the best". Not sure they qualify to be in your list, though.

Andrey

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads