best track jacket EVER

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ken, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken

ken Banned by Request

Just picked up a Red commie track jacket, featuring CCCP-embroidery and not one, but two hammer & sickel logos from the red store, Target. Finally, my contempt for politics is realized in my apparel.

2. Demeter

Demeter Senior member

My life's biggest envy was when a buddy of mine down in Maine got a red t-shirt, with "Aэрофлот" written in gold with the insignia of the airline proudly emblazoned on the chest.

*sighs and listens to the old Soviet national anthem*

edit: Ok, that cyrillic-noncompliance is supposed to read 'Aeroflot' in Russian. That's their national airline.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Um, Russian does not show up on the forum. I tried to write the word "˜Mister' on the forum in Russian, but to no avail.

Jon.

4. Demeter

Demeter Senior member

Far as I know, there's no word for 'mister,' unless you meant 'tovarischshchshcshhsch.'

But yeah, it seems like it's got a problem. If it's a Linux-based system, which it most probably is, just a couple of modules are needed, but I figure there's a severe deficiency of native Russian speakers on here to justify the work that would have to go into that.

Would J listen to us if we told him we desperately needed Cyrillic compliance to post random quips in Russian?

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Well, I was using a translation program, my Russian is severely lacking. It would be an interesting language to learn however.

Jon.

6. Demeter

Demeter Senior member

Grammatically, it's surprisingly close to Arabic. The sentence structures are practically identical. At least if you speak very traditional, formal Russian.

They're both beautiful languages. Probably an advantageous asset these days, too, what with the emergence of fledgeling businesses in Russia and the 'democratization' of certain parts of the Middle East.

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

He T .

8. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Ken, let me get this straight, this is at Target, the store with the... target?

Might have to go pick one of those up, actually.

9. ken

ken Banned by Request

Yup. They've got a whole slew of countries that look like somebody tried to make reissues of olympic-team jackets from the 80's or something (by a brand called Roma Atletico). One of them happens to be communist USSR. I can't imagine the sale of them will go uncomplained about.

10. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

it's listed on the target website, but not available. it says they're new though, so maybe they don't have them in stock yet for online ordering.

also have brasil, ireland, england, etc.

100% cotton.

/andrew - might hafta get me one-a them.

11. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

ken: what's the sizing like? (I'll order one online and ship it to the next hotel I'm visiting in the US.) I'm a 38, or a small 40.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The best track jackets, imo, are real vintage.  I got one from a local thrift shop (provenance unknown, probably from the mid to late 70's) that their store owners silkcreened their white raised fist logo on the front left side, in reverse.  Gotten an incredible number of compliments and comments on it.

13. otis

otis Well-Known Member

Side note to this topic - I just noticed on Target's website you can order 'custom' shirts and khakis for something like $35 each. I clicked through the shirt form and it actually has a decent number of options for what it is - I'm not sure I'm ready to buy my dress shirts at Target, but it's a nice option for people to have.

14. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Sounds like a fun jacket - I used to have a baseball hat with the Hammer and Sickle logo and 1922 - 1991 embroidered underneath. It was fun to wear to Young Republican gatherings and watch people's reactions... There were many who didn't understand the irony [​IMG] As for Target - I have been quite impressed lately with the styles they have available. They've been quite trendy for several years in the area of housewares and it's nice to see that they've finally translated that to clothing as well. Bradford

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

The fit on 70s adidas jackets is insane. I love it, when it is actually possible to find one in S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.