• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best time to talk over disagreements with your wife/GF/SO?

Benzito

Reaction score
After you've just given her a monster O. She probably won't be listening to you, anyway.

AnsonHeitman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBowers
Fellow SF'ers: Which do you prefer?

I usually like to get my sleep first, then talk over things in the morning when I tend to think more rationally. (My gf thinks otherwise - she can't sleep with the problem still looming so I often end up in late-night talks that got us nowhere.)

I'm with your GF... I can't sleep without talking through it. My GF on the other hand prefers to sleep on it.

Trade?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Women are always pissed off about something. Just ignore it and it will go away, only to be promptly replaced by something else she's pissed off about. As one good friend of mine said, "They hate peace."

+1000000000000000000000000000

This belongs in a "things my blogger taught me" book.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about settling an argument, it should be finished as quickly as possible from the time it arose. Too many people just get tired and dismiss it with some sort of "I don't wanna talk about it anymore" which doesn't solve anything. However the instances where two rational adults would just happen to have two equally legitimate interests at odds with each other is very rare, so usually someone is being an irrational.

In terms of delivering bad news, I try to do it in the morning when the workday is about to begin and the natural momentum of the day can give them some perspective over how insignificant the 'bad' news really is; which is in reality the characteristic of all news, since we're all bound to die at any given moment...

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You ain't gonna win an argument with a woman EVER! Always discuss over a fine dinner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads