Best television or movie theme.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Tokyo Slim, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Not sure if it's the best, but it's pretty good.

+1

Yokko Kanno / Seatbelts were golden for the entire series. I'm not sure exactly what happened during the movie, but the music wasn't as good. It was still good. Just not amazing.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

The Fall Guy

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Star Trek:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I mean, who doesn't love the ethereal space lady? The perfect matchup of song and program: Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Underrated:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The classic Bond theme. Overexposed, but still, perfect. It's exactly what Bond ought to sound like.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I've always liked the Maverick theme. Riverboat, ring your bell!

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Memories from when I was just a little tyke. [​IMG]

Reading Rainbow

Horrible theme... but its funny seeing a young Morgan Freeman with a fro.

A favorite from my childhood 3-2-1 Contact

Street Hawk

ALF

5. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

The classic Bond theme. Overexposed, but still, perfect. It's exactly what Bond ought to sound like.

The James Bond theme is everything a theme should be, or rather, does everything a theme should do. I was watching "Spy Hard" or some similar James Bond parody, and the music was an obvious nod to the original... all the elements were changed, and yet it was still recognizable as James Bondy. It's music you recognize by the mood it creates rather than any one concrete musical element. Really, a genre of music unto itself.

Plus I love the sus chords and raw, early-Beatles sound of the guitar.

6. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. but seriously, this is unbeatable:

7. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Roy Budd kicks ass.

The Sandbaggers (one of my alltime favorite tv shows too):

Get Carter:

Diamonds:

8. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Why is it that nobody has mentioned the theme from Star Wars yet???

ADDENDUM: Well, screw it. I'll be fucked if I can get the embedding to work, but it's on YouTube.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

TV

[​IMG]

Film

[​IMG]

10. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Surprised Doc Holliday hasn't mentioned this...

One of my favorite movies.

All the different versions of this are good.

Rockford Files

I Spy

Get Smart

11. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

The A-Team

Back to the future

Star Wars

2001: A space odyssey

Knight Rider

Baywatch (Yes again)

Rocky

Indiana Jones

Dukes of Hazard

Willow

12. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Blade Runner

13. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Once upon a time in the west

A fistful of dollars

Empire of the Sun (Can't find 'original', so another version of Suo Gan)

14. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Psycho

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Labyrinth

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The Graduate

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The Muppet Show

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Batman

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Chinatown

15. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Found it!!