• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best television or movie theme.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Youtube links or links to somewhere you can hear the theme would be appreciated.

We have had this discussion before, but nothing came up when I made the thread. Weird.

Oh well, maybe we'll get some new answers!

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These two have classic themes and the badass Steven McQueen:

The Magnificent Seven
The Great Escape

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YouTube is cracking down on copyrighted music, so I don't see this thread going very far.

Axel F is still the definition of cool, though, and I like Carter Burwell's score to Fargo, despite the fact it rips off Stravinski horribly.

The theme to Twin Peaks warrants a mention. A bit simplistic perhaps, but it really captured (and perhaps helped create) the mood of the TV show (and, I'm assuming, the movie.)

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Not sure if it's the best, but it's pretty good.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
YouTube is cracking down on copyrighted music, so I don't see this thread going very far.

Axel F is still the definition of cool, though, and I like Carter Burwell's score to Fargo, despite the fact it rips off Stravinski horribly.

The theme to Twin Peaks warrants a mention. A bit simplistic perhaps, but it really captured (and perhaps helped create) the mood of the TV show (and, I'm assuming, the movie.)

Oh yeah? And why is it that I've found every single theme mentioned in this thread so far on Youtube?

You guys are just lazy. Don't blame Youtube's legal department for your laziness.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cheers
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The Great Escape

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The Magnificent Seven

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Twin Peaks

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Beverly Hills Cop (Axel F)

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. No more excuses!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some of my personal favorites: Doctor Who is probably my favorite television theme ever. Amazing.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Night Court

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Jurassic Park

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Some of my personal favorites:

Doctor Who is probably my favorite television theme ever. Amazing.

Excellent choice, and you picked the perfect arrangement. Otherworldly -- sounds like nothing on Earth. The making of it is an amazing story.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Excellent choice, and you picked the perfect arrangement. Otherworldly -- sounds like nothing on Earth. The making of it is an amazing story.

The ones where they get too orchestral or add the electric guitar in are cheesy. This version is perfect.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
The ones where they get too orchestral or add the electric guitar in are cheesy. This version is perfect.
This, on the other hand, is the worst version:

w.mj

Reaction score
Great stuff, Tokyo Slim. I've always been a fan of the "Have Gun - Will Travel" theme. From a simpler time.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
This, on the other hand, is the worst version:

Is that a jews harp? Echh.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seems like Nino Rota ought to be represented:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads