1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best Swimsuits

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by studyscoot, Feb 23, 2010.

1. studyscoot

studyscoot Active Member

It's starting to be swimsuit season, and I need to update my collection. I'm fit and in my mid-20's. Someone, please point me in the right direction.

What is everyone wearing these days?

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

It's starting to be swimsuit season, and I need to update my collection. I'm fit and in my mid-20's. Someone, please point me in the right direction.

Geez, I would think the beach would be the last place you'd worry about fashunz. My loomstate x target swim trunks from last year that I bought for $14 are about as stylish as anybody would need.

3. closetmess

closetmess Senior member

Everyone? They are wearing board shorts past their knee with dragons on them.

4. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Depends on where you are... In the US, people are more homophobic and less comfortable in their own skin - so longer board shorts - 6" - 8" length at least. No point in spending much money on these since "fit" is not an issue.

In the rest of the world - I'd probably go shorter and a bit tighter, although I'd definitely avoid the super-skimpy speedo. Maybe a box cut one though. I've been eyeing these: Parke & Ronen Non-Stretch Snaps for those trips.

5. Hank Rearden

Hank Rearden Senior member

6. Asch

Asch Senior member

Everyone? They are wearing board shorts past their knee with dragons on them.
    +1 And I second the recommendation of Park & Ronen.

7. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

You better be pretty comfortable in your own skin for the Parke and Ronen because they are very revealing.

8. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

Damn dude you're brave wearing 2" trunks...I can't decide between thier 4" or 6" without better measurements, as small as I am I think 6" might fit me like board shorts. Anyone have measurements of park and ronen? (outseam, leg opening , and rise)

Depends on where you are... In the US, people are more homophobic and less comfortable in their own skin - so longer board shorts - 6" - 8" length at least. No point in spending much money on these since "fit" is not an issue.

In the rest of the world - I'd probably go shorter and a bit tighter, although I'd definitely avoid the super-skimpy speedo. Maybe a box cut one though. I've been eyeing these: Parke & Ronen Non-Stretch Snaps for those trips.

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

No point in spending much money on these since "fit" is not an issue.

Not necessarily. I've found that some cheap or even midrange shorts use cheap fabrics that stay wet long after the rest of you is dry. If he's willing to spending the extra money, he should focus more on function than just what's trendy.

There are quite a few places that make great shorts that look good and dry quickly. I have trunks from Michael J Krell (http://michaeljkrell.com/navyswim.html ) which I love.

I also have a pair from Apolis made by Katin which are more traditional board shorts that don't soak up water at all:
    [​IMG]

10. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

You better be pretty comfortable in your own skin for the Parke and Ronen because they are very revealing.

Damn dude you're brave wearing 2" trunks...I can't decide between thier 4" or 6" without better measurements, as small as I am I think 6" might fit me like board shorts. Anyone have measurements of park and ronen? (outseam, leg opening , and rise)

To revealing??? I would wear those Park and Ronen in a heart beat. There's nothing revealing about them at all. I absolutely hate those below the knee funky board shorts with a passion. They look stupid as stupid can get.

11. underwearer

To revealing??? I would wear those Park and Ronen in a heart beat. There's nothing revealing about them at all. I absolutely hate those below the knee funky board shorts with a passion. They look stupid as stupid can get.

2" just seems like they would be too short. I hate long shorts too but Im no Daniel Craig so I can't rock the 2". Here's a pic of a normal dude trying to rock james bond trunks Trunks can definitely be too revealing: He doesn't look horrible but this is not a good look for me, 2" longer would be ideal.

[​IMG]

12. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

2" just seems like they would be too short. I hate long shorts too but Im no Daniel Craig so I can't rock the 2". Here's a pic of a normal dude trying to rock james bond trunks Trunks can definitely be too revealing: He doesn't look horrible but this is not a good look for me, 2" longer would be ideal.

[​IMG]

That is why I am going with their non-stretch ones - you gotta make sure there is no clinging to your bits - but you want them to be baggy.

I tried out the Orlebar Brown ones, but the cut didn't work for me.

13. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Ok that does look bad. I tend to wear my 3 inch running shorts around water and they aren't bad at all. That suit in the pic looks like a speedo gone wrong. I guess the best thing to do is try the suit on before buying it.

14. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

15. underwearer

That is why I am going with their non-stretch ones - you gotta make sure there is no clinging to your bits - but you want them to be baggy.

I tried out the Orlebar Brown ones, but the cut didn't work for me.

post measurements when you get them. I don't know if I should get the parke ronen 4" or 6",, Im 5'5" with 19" thighs so I need short, slim fitting trunks or else Ill look really bad. I still have a few months before summer but IM glad this thread popped up...that pic I posted thats how my underwear fits so I need a little longer/rommier then that lol

16. underwearer

17. Althis

Althis Senior member

after waterpolo and swim seasons i'm very comfortable in speedos but i know for casual swim wear it would be social suicide, i have these jcrew shorts which are the perfect length for me since i wear my swim gear a couple inches below the hip bone and they end a couple inches above my knee also they don't have those annoying clingy nets on the inside which get sand caught in them and irritate your dick, they're just lined with mesh like regular shorts

18. Asch

Asch Senior member

post measurements when you get them. I don't know if I should get the parke ronen 4" or 6",, Im 5'5" with 19" thighs so I need short, slim fitting trunks or else Ill look really bad. I still have a few months before summer but IM glad this thread popped up...that pic I posted thats how my underwear fits so I need a little longer/rommier then that lol
    I have a couple pairs of the 4" shorts in size 32. They are cut very slim, not at all "vanity sized," so you'll definitely want to size up if you're between sizes. The waist measures just under 16", while the leg opening is 11 1/4", and the front rise is 9 3/4". The outseam is 13 1/2". I haven't worn one of my pairs (blue, non-stretch) and would be happy to part with it for half the price that P&R is charging, since I really don't swim that often and only need one pair of trunks. If anyone's interested, PM me. EDIT: These trunks were sold.

19. underwearer

dude you rock! This is exactly the info I needed. I just pinned a pair of trunks from last year to match these measurements and the fit is pretty spot on. Glad I didn't get the 6" they would have been to long I think....My waist is 29" though so I can't buy yours...You suggest I get 30s?

I have a couple pairs of the 4" shorts in size 32. They are cut very slim, not at all "vanity sized," so you'll definitely want to size up if you're between sizes. The waist measures just under 16", while the leg opening is 11 1/4", and the front rise is 9 3/4". The outseam is 13 1/2".

I haven't worn one of my pairs (blue, non-stretch) and would be happy to part with it for half the price that P&R is charging, since I really don't swim that often and only need one pair of trunks. If anyone's interested, PM me.

20. spencers

spencers Senior member

parke and ronen for me