Best sunglasses?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by neato, Jul 4, 2007.

1. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Anyone ever heard of Initium? http://www.initiumeyewear.com/ my ex-gf got me a pair of the Pinkertons and I like them a lot. [​IMG] Only thing I don't like about them is that they come with a bag whereas other models come with a really cool case. I got the salesperson to give me a case but the glasses don't quite fit so I'm working on tweaking the case right now.

2. lee lin

lee lin Senior member

what are my options for rimless sunglasses? are silhouettes crap? i've also looked at maui jims and lindberg.

3. RustyRyan

RustyRyan Senior member

I have a pair of Silhouettes(Collateral ones, I forget the model #) and i really like them, great optics, comfortable, look decent, but i find myself wearing my Oliver Peoples Victory and Whistle models a lot more.

4. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Senior member

Randolph aviators! These are the real deal, and only cost ~ 60 bucks.
    runer up - smith serpico! (~80 bucks).

5. hahnb

hahnb Well-Known Member

6. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

I've been using some less expensive Revos in a smoky brown color with plastic frames and they have been excellent so far. I paid around $150 from Sunglass Hut.

7. haganah

haganah Senior member

It seems you like monograms on all your belongings.
    mine [​IMG]

8. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

9. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

Looking for some aviators to complete a look i'm working on. But i find that all the aviators i try on are just too big and bulky. Yes I realize that's how they are supposed to be, yet I guess what I'm really looking for is a toned down aviator style oval lens sunglass. Any ideas?

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

12. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Can anyone speak on the quality of Tom Ford's? I am specifically looking at the "Falconer" model.
    My Tom Ford aviators are the "Charles," I think. Though I am no connoisseur, the build quality strikes me as being a bit higher than my Ray Bans and other Luxottica sunglasses.

13. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

All others, as in Persol.....these are all dead brands that rely on one thing and one thing only - people who have no clue.
    You sound like a salesman working in a hip eye wear boutique. One that doesn't carry Persol. [​IMG]

14. Colonel428

Colonel428 Member

+1 for the Maui Jim's. I spend most of my time outside in the job I have & eye protection has been a priority. I have spoken to numerous optomitrists & hands down the recommendation for the highest quality lenses goes to MJ almost every time. You may not find a style that blows you away, but rest assured, you are getting the finest protection available from UV rays by wearing them, especially in the models that wrap on the sides.

15. chronic

chronic Senior member

Looking for some aviators to complete a look i'm working on. But i find that all the aviators i try on are just too big and bulky. Yes I realize that's how they are supposed to be, yet I guess what I'm really looking for is a toned down aviator style oval lens sunglass. Any ideas?

oliver peoples has a few styles that are smaller. I have the benedict, and they fit great and are pretty light, although a bit expensive. also, ray ban makes some smaller sized aviators...but as you said, the style is supposed to be a little big.