1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best suits in the $500-$800 range?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigtimebuck4, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mjjo

mjjo Active Member

with that range - best look for discounts

2. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Would anyone dare put Suit Supply in this category?

3. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

A step below Samuelsohn for sure.

4. dieselman89

Does Samuelsohn have a good return policy? SS has a really good one. There aren't any locations that carry either suit nearby me.

5. violethour1951

violethour1951 Senior member

FYI there's an online clearance for Brooks Brothers right now. $450 for a 1818 Fitz (among others)

6. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

Without even really looking, I saw staple Navy BB GF, Samuelsohn and RLPL suit on B&S today for under $700.

7. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

For Samuelsohn, it will depend on the retailer. SS has a great policy from what I have heard. I have never seen their stuff personally.

8. Essential

Essential Senior member

I never bought a suit from BB before. I was looking at this: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=36 Short#

I'm used to also being asked the pants size (I think the suit comes with pants?). I'm planning on getting 36S; if it does come with pants, what size would it be?

Edit: Is the answer in the Alterations tab? It costs an extra $12 but allows you to input inseam/taking in the waist/hemming. I find it weird cause it asks you before you try the suit on to see where you need to take it in/hem.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  9. dieselman89

I prefer not to do B&S. These are 2 I am debating on from SS.

http://www.suitsupply.com/shop/1.P2505W/Suit?filter_27=736&filter_2=11&filter_19=573

http://www.suitsupply.com/shop/1.P2505/Suit?filter_27=736&filter_2=11&filter_19=573

From Suit Supply:
    A perfectly cut jacket made from a beautiful fabric deserves nothing less than an interior, or construction, to match its exterior. The construction is the internal structure that keeps the jacket perfectly fitted by maintaining its shape and ensuring a comfortable wear.
    A well constructed jacket has several layers in between the outside fabric and the inside lining, called a canvas. Using a natural canvas front ensures that the jacket will keep its shape and wear better and more comfortably over time. Our canvases are made out of cotton enforced with horsehair and camelhair, ensuring strength, durability and flexibility at the same time. Constructing a jacket using several layers of natural materials that are stitched together is a meticulous process that involves thousands of carefully placed stitches and this is exactly what keeps our suits perfectly fitted and comfortable to wear. This was an essential lesson taught by the old artisans.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  10. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

The Napoli is definitely the more conservative and versatile suit. On the Washington, the shorter jacket length, peak lapels, ticket pocket, and skinny trousers conspire to make it a modern modern/fashiony suit, which might make it less appropriate for more conservative settings.

11. sns23

sns23 Senior member

Washington has a longer jacket.

12. unbelragazzo

Doesn't look like it in those pics...

13. sns23

sns23 Senior member

I don't care what you think it looks like. Take 5 seconds to read the descriptions. The Washington has a longer jacket/sleeve length.

14. unbelragazzo

Where do you see jacket length? I only see sleeve length, which is not what I'm talking about. Also, why do you have to be a jerk about it?

15. sns23

sns23 Senior member

The Washington is our slimmest, most modern fit. The Washington is characterized by strong masculine lines and distinctive details such as wide peak lapels, concave shoulders, front ticket pocket, longer jacket and sleeve length and a slimmer trouser with a higher rise.

16. unbelragazzo

Ah, I see it now - in the drawings they have the Washington looks longer too. It must just be something about the models pose that makes it look shorter in the pictures.

17. js4design

js4design Senior member

For a 36S, the pants would be a 30. I'd leave them unfinished and have the alterations done at your local store - that way the length can be exactly what you're looking for.

18. tricky

tricky Senior member

Here's a Benjamin Granoro I'm debating now.

Very nice quality.

Excuse the dirty mirror.

[​IMG]

19. dieselman89

Very strange that the Washington would have a longer jacket being that it is the more modern suit. You would think it would have the shorter jacket. Also, I debating wheter or not I like the ticket pocket with charcoal. Do you think that it works? I like the slimmer fit of the Washington but not the ticket pocket and peak lapels. It makes it looks too trendy.

20. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

This is the shot of my Napoli cut Charcoal Gray suit.. I think that there is nothing under 1k that fits me well off the rack like this does.. my only issue is a slight sleeve pitch issue which Im looking for a qualified tailor that can handle.. but Im happy with the purchase[​IMG]I apologize in advance for the dirty mirror's..[​IMG]