• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best suit value $1500-2000 in Las Vegas?

nvestr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in Atlantic Canada where there are little to no options for quality suits. I am going to Vegas a few times over the coming months and figured I'd get a better deal buying there.

What is the best value in that price range? Not sure if it's possible to get a decent MTM suit for that price. Also, wondering if there are better places to go in Vegas to avoid the "tourist premium" on suits.

Can I get Canali, Zegna or Cornelliani in that price range? I know I can get Canali MTM starting at $1800 at Harry Rosen in Canada, so I should be able to get something similiar in the US where everything is always cheaper...

Any thoughts help!

Thanks a bunch

Jeff

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
If you live in Canada, I would purchase suits in Toronto, rather than in Las Vegas, if you are looking for business suits. Toronto is a city where people wear suits to work, as compared to Las Vegas.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Ralph Lauren and get MTM Black Label or Buy it off the rack and alter.

nvestr

Reaction score
Thanks - will check them out for sure to see how they fit me.

I honestly go to Vegas more often than any other major city in Canada - so I'm stuck on Vegas.

Any other options? I will def consider and try RLBL..

MDeKelver

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes! I shop at Harry Rosen (Ottawa) and will be in Vegas next week. I will certainly visit the Canali store. Maybe window shopping at Tom Ford and Kiton (out of my range, but looking for ideas for my next MTM).

What about the departments stores like Saks and Nordstroms?

Michael

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks - will check them out for sure to see how they fit me.

I honestly go to Vegas more often than any other major city in Canada - so I'm stuck on Vegas.

Any other options? I will def consider and try RLBL..

You can find all those suits in Vegas but doubt you will find a deal. There is a store for pretty much every brand. With a 2k budget, Zegna will be tough but Corneliani and Canali are very likely.

If you are looking for a slimmer cut, other stores in that price range you may want to check out are Paul Smith and Etro.

Big Texas

Reaction score
Yeah, your $1.5 to $2k won't go very far in Vegas. There is a pretty big Vegas price premium on most goods, menswear obviously included.

If you've got the time and energy to make a (roughly four hours, give or take) drive into LA, it might be more worth your while. If not, you might be able to fit within your range at Corneliani, Canali, or even RLBL (though the latter could be pricey in Vegas, and is more likely to be RLBL's flashier, less conservative stuff).

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At that price, mtm and bespoke are the way to go. I've NEVER seen a rtw/otr suit that was worth even close to $1.5-2K. If you buy in Las Vegas, then you're going to get stiffed even more.

Last edited:

gambit50

Reaction score
Or you can fly to LA on the quick and probably cheap(depends on advance notice, day, etc.).

Bespoke for under 2k? In the USA? Really?
And you need to get out more if you have never seen ANY RTW worth near 1.5K. Sure it might be a very small sliver of the spectrum and from that you must grab a good starting fit but it happens. Besides that if one is only looking for best of breed that eliminates 99.5% to start with. There is a difference between saying there is NONE and that one in a thousand suits is good if you are starting from top shelf labels. This filtration eliminates 995/1000 to begin with.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or you can fly to LA on the quick and probably cheap(depends on advance notice, day, etc.).

Bespoke for under 2k? In the USA? Really?
And you need to get out more if you have never seen ANY RTW worth near 1.5K. Sure it might be a very small sliver of the spectrum and from that you must grab a good starting fit but it happens. Besides that if one is only looking for best of breed that eliminates 99.5% to start with. There is a difference between saying there is NONE and that one in a thousand suits is good if you are starting from top shelf labels. This filtration eliminates 995/1000 to begin with.

Yep...If you look for it, you'll find it. If you don't know what you're doing, you won't.

gambit50

Reaction score
People say that about the Virgin Mary, leprechauns and elixirs of eternal life.
Good thing you are the only one out of everyone who knows it according to what I have read around the forums.
Well, I guess there is the pseudo answer that would technically fulfill your prophecy but not be what I or some others would expect in a final product.
But since I am not looking, none of this matters though I think there is an audience that would be interested on SF and it seems contrary to the spirit
to hold a secret as if you are a Templar knight. Personally, I take no issue with someone withholding info though mentioning you have it and doing so in a place where info is generally shared seems obnoxious.

Besides that aspect, I'm quite sure it is not in Vegas so why are you offering that as advice to the OP?

You always state the same responding to everyone with "GO MTM/BESPOKE" which is fine except it rarely pegs the constraints.
And while I am with you that sometimes there is NO answer(or half decent one) to an OP's question, in this case, I see your answer as pointless to him at best.

You should post your magical info in the Rory Duffy thread to be the complete opposite end of the spectrum there where most agree on the faults of that OP.
It would lend quite a counter balance.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Go to Ralph Lauren and get MTM Black Label or Buy it off the rack and alter.

OP should make sure he has the right physique if he wants RLBL. The jackets are cut VERY slim in the chest.

Also, the padded shoulders on the Anthony are very wide and very padded.

Probably better off with Canali and Zegna. They are more moderate in stylistic and fit aspects.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tons or great options but your price range is a bit low for Vegas. These threads always pander to boring business suits and if you check out the bespoke suits in the WAYWT you'll realize that it's often better to match a designer's vision. Anyway RLBL is great modern cut and canali will look good too. Tom Ford and Dior will be a step above but also costlier.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In that price range, I'd find a good local place that offers Samuelsohn made to measure. Excellent value, a nice selection of fabrics and made in Canada to boot. Buying locally will make repairs and alterations easier as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads