• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best suit for wedding under $1000?

pabloweho

Reaction score
I'm getting married in six weeks and want a new suit for the occasion. Its not a "traditional" wedding in the sense that I will not be wearing a tux, nor will there be any groomsman or best men.

Here's what I'm looking for:
  • Slim fit, contemporary look
  • Something I can use for the ocasional business meeting and social event (i do not wear suits for biz very often)
  • Color: Prefer black, but my bride thinks its "funereal", so charcoal or dark blue could be options)
  • Under $1000

So what do folks suggest? Do I have to buy off the rack or is custom a possibility in my price range? I live in the Los angeles area if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Pablo

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what size are you? What brand do you currently own or have your eye on?

MensQE

Reaction score
If you have an outlet store like Saks off 5th near you I would start looking there. Maybe you can find a zegna suit in that price range.

PL92106

Reaction score

If you have an outlet store like Saks off 5th near you I would start looking there. Maybe you can find a zegna suit in that price range.

If you're near an Off 5th, you can probably grab an Isaia that will fit all your requirements for ~$700-$900 during one of their fairly regular 40% or 50% off suit sales (their normal price is around $1,400 if memory serves). OP, that's ~$2.5k-$4k suit for the same price of the Boss you posted. Quality of Isaia vs. Boss not even worth trying to compare. Plan on ~$100 for alterations.

pabloweho

Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like a killer deal, but there are no Saks/Off 5th in California.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're near an Off 5th, you can probably grab an Isaia that will fit all your requirements for ~$700-$900 during one of their fairly regular 40% or 50% off suit sales (their normal price is around $1,400 if memory serves). OP, that's ~$2.5k-$4k suit for the same price of the Boss you posted. Quality of Isaia vs. Boss not even worth trying to compare. Plan on ~$100 for alterations.

Isaia at Off 5th? :p

I hardly doubt that man.

PL92106

Reaction score

Isaia at Off 5th? :p

I hardly doubt that man.

Strange but true. Noticed a rather large amount of Isaia suits at my local San Diego location over the past year my size at least 40R. Don't tell me I gotta take pics next time to prove it. They might have trickled some up to the LA area for OPs benefit, but I'd call the various locations first to avoid driving in LA in vain.

EDIT: OP, make sure you call the various locations first. While mine has them, I remember walking out of the Desert Hills one looking back up at the sign making sure I wasn't just in Express for Men vs. Off 5th. Core selection is generally the same (bad) but high end stuff varies by location. I've had best luck in larger cities that generally are less style focused (i.e. San Diego).

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+1

i see them at the one near me at that price point very often. and they usually have a pretty good selection also.

sm31

Reaction score
Why not just listen to the good advice you've gotten and forget about Bluefly and Macy's?

pabloweho

Reaction score
Just looking for options. Off5 is a bit of a drive for me. Second, they may not have Isaia in stock for my size/color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads