Best stuff for spring and summer?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ryank1331, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Frostedbutts

Frostedbutts Well-Known Member

So this is the year you're deciding to step out of the b-ball shorts and into some nice cotton varities with belt loops? Good choice, friend. As comfy as basketball shorts are, I bet you can pull a better look from the latter. Put the athletic shorts away and reserve those for sleeping, home lounging, and playing sports. If you're completely new, just try J.Crew for some shorts. They'll suit your purposes fine I'm sure. I'm partial to the red chambrays they're selling. The material is sub-par but it looks okay. Coupled with a white t shirt and a nice pair of sneakers I think that's pretty cool. Also look at the forum affiliates (links to the webshops above the SW&D forum) and watch for incoming spring and summer arrivals.
    I wasn't being entirely serious - I don't actually wear basketball shorts out. I don't own any shorts though so I normally just wear jeans. I live in Colorado so it's never incredibly hot, but a pair of shorts would be nice. Thanks for the tip.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

cigars and booze and lots of them

cigars from havana and single malt scotches and rums

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

+1 on this. MEG CO FOR LIFE SON!
    are you getting the monitaly line? let me know and i will hold off buying until your order comes in.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

Nice shorts. Most look horrible.

i bought dropcrotch ones recently [​IMG]

5. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

My go to "stuff"

Alternative Apparel Tee's ( V-neck or Moroccan style.)
    Cuffed Lightweight Trousers
    Rivieras Leisure shoes
    Good Cold Beer.

6. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

boat shoes
    canvas shoes

7. erbs

erbs Senior member

I'm so bored of slim chinos / worn-out denim / stripy Ts / canvas sneaks / Quoddys. Wish I could pull something interesting together for SS.

8. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

My go to "stuff"

Rivieras Leisure shoes
    Good Cold Beer.

what are your go-to for ligthweight trousers? Only economical ones I know of are j crew. Would like to have some more options.

9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

My go to "stuff"

Rivieras Leisure shoes
    Good Cold Beer.

Where to kop Rivieras Leisure shoes for cheap? Anyone?

10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Get a nice pair of suede bluchers or desert boots. They will be a step above what most other dudes will be wearing and will get you noticed. I recommend the Alden suede PTBs or chukkas. Wear then with jeans, chinos, wool pants, shorts, with or without socks

11. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Get a nice pair of suede bluchers or desert boots. They will be a step above what most other dudes will be wearing and will get you noticed. I recommend the Alden suede PTBs or chukkas. Wear then with jeans, chinos, wool pants, shorts, with or without socks

I might be alone on this, but I've always thought DB's look goofy with shorts.

13. meso

meso Senior member

I agree that DBs look a little silly with shorts. Something about the way they tend to join the ankle.

What else... pair of bucks or saddle shoes in a contrasting color (navy, green, white?) & sole. Mcnairy or duckie brown for florsheim are better built than your average Bass or Florsheim.

Bumming around on the beach in the summer is the one time I'll wear dusty, worn canvas shoes, other than going to the gym.

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'm not usually a big fan, but it's worth trying out a few wheat beers. They're lighter, often lower in alcohol, and have some hints of fruity flavors and sometimes even a touch of tartness that you don't find in other brews. I'm partial to Brooklyner Weisse and Bell's Oberon as easy-to-find, easy-to-drink beverages. Schneider Weisse (the kid cousin of Schneider Aventinus, one of my all-around favorites) is also quite nice, although you run the risk of some imports being past their primes or having been treated poorly in transit.

If you prefer the Belgian-style witbiers, do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from Shock Top and Blue Moon; Southampton Double White is a bit higher in alcohol and far superior in flavor and quality. Seriously, though, no oranges; that's some teenage girl shit right there.

Southern Tier Hop Sun (and its imperial cousin, Uber Sun) are tasty, somewhat hoppy half-wheat, half-barley hybrids that are delicious fresh from the brewery if you live in or around Western NY, in which case I feel sorry for you.

For the locals, skip the Walt Wit and Fleur de Lehigh. They sound tempting, but in reality kind of and really suck, respectively. The year-round standbys Kenzinger and PA Pale Ale are both crisp, relatively low in alcohol, and easy drinking poolside, at a barbecue, or out of a paper bag underneath the bleachers at a minor league baseball game.

15. *#..

*#.. Senior member

If you buy short-sleeve shirts, make sure the sleeves aren't a lot bigger than your biceps.