• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best source for new two-tone shoes, cap toe and wing tip?

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Broadstreet spectators however they are usually only limited release. The 73 last fits my feet better than the 65 and I quite enjoy the shoes however you may have to wait for whenever they release them again.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Broadstreet spectators however they are usually only limited release. The 73 last fits my feet better than the 65 and I quite enjoy the shoes however you may have to wait for whenever they release them again.

that was a nice looking shoe.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that was a nice looking shoe.

Definitely!
IMG_0720.JPG

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score

The Broadstreet is so nice that I have it in two colors, the walnut-bone 2016 webgem and the navy-white from last summer's random special project. @bigbrother690 you might be in luck and they'll decide to do it again? IIRC Ashley who posts here reported that the sales from last summer's event were very good, and might warrant a 2nd round.

Both special events built it on the very old 73 last that it was originally made on, which I really appreciate. It's wonderful smart-casual shape that I think fits more people than the notoriously wonky 65 last. Somehow looks quite sleek on the outside but is very roomy on the inside.

(The 73 last is great....so of course they don't use it anymore. The former paratrooper and very beautifully dressed writer John Tinseth of The Trad describes this phenomenon as, "The more I learn about retail, the more I'm convinced it's very much like the army.")

Cobbler Union also has a pair of spectators year-round. Very sexy design but perhaps a bit too aggressive for some tastes.

Alden sometimes has a two-tone longwing made in collaboration with Leffot. It's a gorgeous shoe straight out of the 1930s, but very expensive.

You can of course also use the MTO tool from Carmina, which is how I got a pair of longwing spectators last year. Skoaktiebolaget also seems to have an MTO option you can try but I've no experience with that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads