Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JDonaghy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Senior member

I've always been very happy with the TM Lewin tailored fit. I'm very thin in the waist and they sit pretty well; when I'v got the money I'll go Turnbull & Asser MTM but right now Lewin does the job perfectly

2. Lucan

Lucan Senior member

I'm a runner (or on the run?), and have a 40" chest and 32" waist. I've had lots of TM Lewin slim fits and they fit me well, but they're not the best quality cotton in the world. Some are good, but some go thin quickly, and some are a battle to iron.

I've recently given Harvie and Hudson a whirl and they are a similarly great fit, but the cotton on the first shirt I got was a lot better than Lewin's. I'm waiting for an order of three to arrive now, so hopefully they'll be the same.

3. jamesny

jamesny Senior member

Brooks Brothers online has some discounted offers that looks pretty reasonable for slim fitted shirts, I do prefer RLBL or simply have it custom made.

4. Dameon Bryant

Dameon Bryant New Member

I'm the exact same size as you. I've found Armani Exchange slim fits shirts fit like a glove and are made of a soft flexible material.

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

MTM is really your best option. Modern Tailor has shirts for less than $50. Your first shirt is $29.

6. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Charles Tyrwhitt tailored fit / extra slim fit shirts are pretty decent and you can usually pick up some in the $40-$50 range (I'd order up a half size on the neck measurement as the collar does tend to shrink in my experience). Are they the best shirts in the world? No. My shirts from www.mytailor.com and CEGO are definitely nicer. For the price, however, they provide a perfectly respectable shirt. I currently have about 20 of the Tyrwhitt's, 5 from www.mytailor.com and 3 from CEGO (I need to go back when I'm in NY). I'm typically a 38-39 jacket and 32 waist as well. I'd avoid both the regular fit and slim fit from Tyrwhitt, however, as those will be way too big.

7. biged781

biged781 Senior member

It's not about how you *look*, it's a matter of proportions. You have narrow shoulders, how cut your abs are is irrelevant. Different context. A 6" drop is not large.

8. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Okay, go try RLBL tailored fit dress shirt. That did it for me. I am 6' and 165 lbs. Nothing else would do.

9. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

this is the case. 38" chest is tiny. Nevertheless RLBL should fit you pretty well. Band of Outsiders would be decent too, although they may not make very dressy shirts.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013

10. Blk Belt Shoper

Blk Belt Shoper New Member

I for one, don't want to make an investment into my wardrobe, I don't have that kinda money.

I've had great success with the Apt 9 slim fit and Marc Anthony slim fit dress shirts with Kohl's. Great shirts with nice discounts!

11. bartleby929

bartleby929 Senior member

easy answer: brooks brothers black fleece shirts. the best. (if there's better, please tell me so i can stop hunting for these)

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Thom Browne is cut better and uses better fabrics

13. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013

14. bartleby929

bartleby929 Senior member

is thom brown comprable in price though? and wow i'm surprised to hear that your black fleece shirts are looser fitting. i thought their whole M.O. was slimmer than extra slim fit

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Full range of shirts are always on sale at Barneys, BG, thom Browne stores, yoox. eBay had quite a few too.

And yeah bbbf isn't all that slim