• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best shoes for wide feet?

AmirF27

Reaction score
I recently discovered that I actually have wide feet. I've never even considered this as a possibility until I took some measurements, and then took them multiple times to make sure. I do indeed seem to have wide feet. This explains why I feel my shoes are pressing (not too much though) on my feet even though there is plenty of space between my toes and the front of the shoe.

These are my foot measurements:
  • Foot length: 10 inches
  • Foot width: 4 inches
What brands should I look into then? I know Ace Marks and Allen Edmonds have different shoe widths, but Ace Marks cost $50 to ship to my country and I'm guessing Allen Edmonds would have a similar shipping fee. And if they don't fit right from the start (which will likely be the case) that's another $100 to ship them back to them and order a different size. I was looking into Meermin and Thomas Bird but I guess these might be out of the question now if I want perfect fitting shoes, as they don't seem to have width options.

I considered sizing up on brands that don't have a width option for size, but this would require me to go two full sizes up. Based on the charts I saw online (and according to Ace Marks as well), with my measurements I already need to go half a size up and get E width shoes. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to size up, but if I don't then the shoes would be a bit too tight for my feet.

Any advice for what shoes to get and what brands to check out as someone with wide feet? Is sizing up on normal width shoes even an option (I'm guessing the shoes wouldn't look good in this case)? I would appreciate it if anyone has suggestions for European brands I can check out.

Keach

Reaction score
A.E. and Alden have shoes with different widths. You can choose what fits you best.

AmirF27

Reaction score
Where do you live? Go to a store that sells A.E. and try them on.
I live Israel. Sadly we don't have Allen Edmonds here. I'm not sure if there are any stores at all that sell Allen Edmonds, but for some reason I highly doubt it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads