• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best shoe / sneaker brand (overall):

mongo615

Reaction score
Adidas Kareem Abdul-Jabbar lo(#1)
Converse All-Star/Chuck Taylor & Jack Purcells
Nike Air Force One Low
Most old school Puma/Adidas...but
They Have To Be ALL WHITE!
I just ordered a pair of CP Achilles low in...White
Nothing looks better than an all white sneaker--nothing!!!

phooi

Reaction score
I don't want to rile things up but Nike bought Converse back in 2003... Does this change how people vote for Nike?

For myself, I like Adidas for casual wear altho I own Converse and Nikes. For athletic wear, I like Asics.

streetfighter

Reaction score
I voted for Nike because I grew up on em. I dig the classic old school white Nikes. However, I love Vans Sk8 Hi's, and Adidas Rod Laver.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Vans. The classic stuff is well beyond "skate shoe" territory now, and is just that--classic (slips, sk8-his, old skools). Plus I feel like I'm repping SoCal when I wear them.
smile.gif
Adidas would be a close second for me, though they've been sitting in my closet for a while. I should really pull them out.

dapperdude

Reaction score
Not a fan of canvas shoes (Converse, Vans). I find them insubstantial and not supportive enough, and they also seem to wear out faster.

Lately, I've been wearing New Balance. For interesting styles I like Asics and Adidas, esp. Samba. Nike is classic.

dry the rain

Reaction score
gotta go with vans. cons are just uncomfortable in my opinion. i love the look, and i own some, but i never wear 'em b/c the soles are way too thin.

the sk8 hi has to be one of the great high tops. just a great shape.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gotta go with nike... if for nothing else, on the strength of the first 5 years of jordans alone

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eternal
Why do you like puma? Show me some really good models please, I'm really tired of the puma after the racing shoes everyone wore over here.

Here's one reason why:

http://starck.puma.com/

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dapperdude
Not a fan of canvas shoes (Converse, Vans). I find them insubstantial and not supportive enough, and they also seem to wear out faster.
I think that's more true of Chucks than Vans; Vans have a rep for long life span, etc. I'm not all that hard on my shoes, though, so I'm probably not the most authoritative voice here. Also, can anyone comment on how long leather Chucks hold up over time?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
common projects.
Gimme a break.

This is a silly question. I own more converse shoes than any other brand (2 pairs chucks, 1 pair purcells, 1 pair retro runners), so I'll vote for converse. Though I hold them responsible for some truly hideous 90s basketball sneakers.

bothsideki7.jpg

Goblin

Reaction score
Converse, with Vans slip-ons in a distant second. I lurve me some black high-top Chucks. I even got the Sailor Jerry "Lucky" graphic Chucks in black.

JohnnyRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phooi
I don't want to rile things up but Nike bought Converse back in 2003... Does this change how people vote for Nike?
Yes, I personally stopped buying chucks once Nike took over. Switched over to PF Flyers for my hi-top basketball sneaks. ******* love the PF Glide (need a new pair actually, white/green please in 10.5)

Personally, I'm big on Puma these days, but it's only because I DJ at their shop and get paid in clothes/shoes. So I have a closet full of the dopest pumas I can find.

El Rey - Monkey
Speed Cat FM - Spectra Yellow
Puma x Rudolf Dassler

I hate Nike, but love SB Dunk Lows, so I rip the swoosh off and it's all good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads