• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best shirt

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At that price, Turnbull is no bargain.  Borrelli, Barba or Charvet are better in quality IMHO.
Charvet have too short sleeves

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roger: Thanks for that info. Â Unfortunately, their 16 collar is only 35 in the sleeve. Â An inch too short for me. Â
sad.gif
H&K in sea island for a white shirt

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Budds did look nice. Unfortunately, limited size selection and the sizes they do have are 2 inches too short in the sleeve.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would imagine if he's spending that amount of money on ONE shirt, which he wants to be his best, trying the shirt on would be a must.

If you're in NY, just go to Bergdorf's men's store. You won't have any problem finding what you're looking for, I'm sure.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I would suggest Robert Talbott Estate shirts. They are on par with Borelli in terms of quality IMHO. They feature double stack mother of pearl buttons, side gussets, and pattern matching. They only do made to measure however, with prices between $325 and $425. These are shirts that don't seem to get mentioned on this board, but having seen a finished one in person, I can attest to their high quality.

rtr

Reaction score
I really appreciate all of the recommendations. After stopping by T&A and Bergdorf Goodman this afternoon, I decided to purchase a Charvet, which fit perfectly (short sleeves and all). I am really happy with it. What would I have done without Styleforum (and its recommendations to track down threads on AskAndy)? You guys make this an amazing resource. Newbies like myself can't thank you enough.

taillfuzz

Reaction score
Good choice. Hard to beat Charvet for a white shirt.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate all of the recommendations. After stopping by T&A and Bergdorf Goodman this afternoon, I decided to purchase a Charvet, which fit perfectly (short sleeves and all). I am really happy with it. What would I have done without Styleforum (and its recommendations to track down threads on AskAndy)? You guys make this an amazing resource. Newbies like myself can't thank you enough.
Those BG Charvet are cut for the US marketplace, right? I mean, they aren't tapered.

rtr

Reaction score
Those BG Charvet are cut for the US marketplace, right?  I mean, they aren't tapered.

I think that's right. It has a more tailored fit than the other shirts I own, but it is not tapered so far as I can tell. I don't know if the Charvets for the French market are different.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
No one mentioned Carl?

The CEGO gods are not smiling upon us

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No one mentioned Carl?

The CEGO gods are not smiling upon us
I thought about it, but given the time he had, the shirt had to fit almost perfectly from the get-go. I'm sure CEGO could have a shirt in time, but what if it needed some tweaking...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i collect three more of my nine-odd dollar shirts from the vietnamese tailor tomorrow. pretty happy with the first one, hope these turn out. i think id take 15.55 of them over one thomas pink
smile.gif

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charvet is a great choice. The fabrics are wonderful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics