1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best shaving cream

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by HitMan009, Jul 3, 2003.

1. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Floris of London Santal shaving cream is simply marvellous for these cold winter days... Exceptionally moisturising and the scent is heavenly.

And it's on sale now! All their products are 25% off now...

http://www.florislondon.com/FlorisSi...20Men%5FSantal

2. amerikajinda

So the Floris Santal has:

Sicilian Bergamot, Provencal Lavender
    Black peppercorns, Zanzibar Clove Buds, Cardamom
    Patchouli and Tree Moss

the Floris JF has:

Green, Citrus, Lime, Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin
    Aromatic Herbal, Fougere, Juniper, Cypress
    Woody, Spicy, Cedarwood, Coriander, Musk, Amber

and the Floris Elite has:

Grapefruit, Bergamot leaf
    Patchouli, Lavender, Cedarwood
    Sandalwood, Vetiver, Rich Oakmoss, Tuberose

Now's a great time to stock up because of the 25% off liquidation sale -- evidently they're closing their U.S. operations! [​IMG]

3. BAYsic

BAYsic Active Member

TF&H, Taylor of Old Bond Street and Proraso. All are good. I like Proraso (cheap but hard to find) because it gives me an excuse to run into the little Italian grocery store by my school and get some awesome prosciutto.

4. rxcats

rxcats Senior member

Coconut oil from Trumpers. Keeps the skin moist and smooth.

More for less than Truefitt, which I found too stung a little but the aftershave blams are excellent.

I am interested in purchasing Trumpers Coconut. Does anyone carry their product in the SF Bay Area? Do any of the big department stores carry it?

5. groomin

groomin Member

What about Nivea? It's available in many grocery and drug stores in the USA, and given that it's made in Germany, it comes with German engineering built in. ;-)

Tried it. It worked really bad for me, I shaved after a shower to make sur my facial hair was soft, and did use a new blade. However, I got razor burns and scratches from using this product.

I now use Neutrogena Shave Cream that does a better job for me. A bit expensive, but worth it.

6. Soph

Soph Senior member

Truefitt & Hill

[​IMG]

They (TH) have a new lavender oil/creme which is tops in my book.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I like Musgo Real.

8. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

I got a clinique shaving pack for christmas and it's been good. Although I had only used cheap(er) stuff before that, so I can't compare to a lot of stuff in here.

9. Mike2185

Mike2185 New Member

10. exterminatus

exterminatus Well-Known Member

Proraso is also a winner, but today I used Wars - a cheap cream from Poland that performs far better than its price would indicate. I had forgotten how good this stuff is.

Bath and Body Works carries Proraso under the C.O. Bigelow line.

[​IMG] god does Wars take me back to traveling through Eastern europe in the 80s, I remember one other of the same family called "Brutal."

As for current shaving cream, I'm fascinated by Art Of Shaving Lavender. Makes me looking for a complementing Lavender note cologne...

11. sweisman

sweisman Senior member

I switch between Avalon Organics, Kiss My Face Lavender and Edge Gel...Keep my face guessing...

12. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Jack Black, available at Sephora. I have sensitive skin and this really minimizes razor burn / redness, even used sparingly (one tube lasted seven months).

13. style from the heartland

style from the heartland Senior member

1) Art of Shaving
    2) L'Occitane shaving soap
    3) Prorasso (has been sold at Bath-Body Works)--not quite as good as above (I hate getting it from tube into shave brush.

Each of these can be metered for the cost-conscious. Standard sizes seem to last anywhere from 2-6 mos, depending on who is using/frequency of shave, etc.

The AOS oil, and aftershave balm, which I apply as needed (I.e., after roughing it for 3 day weekend) will last a long time each.

14. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Did I mention Acqua Di Parma in this thread already?

15. chiffonhead

chiffonhead Well-Known Member

I've tried a lot of different products...high end to drugstore. I've got very sensitive skin and I have yet to find a shaving cream better than Nivea for Men - Sensitive Skin.

16. ajwong168

ajwong168 New Member

i like the shaving cream from nancy boy...

17. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

After a while, many shave-cream scents start to leave me cold, so I tend to rotate through. I just took a break from Musgo Real, which I liked, and am now using Geo. F. Trumper's "rose" scent. It's quaintly retro -- makes me feel all Victorian.

18. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

LECTRIC SHAVE BLADE CLOSE...LECTRIC SMOOOOTH [​IMG]

19. amerikajinda

LECTRIC SHAVE BLADE CLOSE...LECTRIC SMOOOOTH [​IMG]
    Have you been drinking again? [​IMG] I only ask because you're screaming and you smell like Miller Light.

1 person likes this.
  20. haganah

haganah Senior member

Jack Black, available at Sephora. I have sensitive skin and this really minimizes razor burn / redness, even used sparingly (one tube lasted seven months).

How the heck do you get it to last 7 months? Maybe I should be using a lot less then.