• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best self tanner?

northnick

Reaction score
looking at kate somerville toilets and also looking at the self tanner by dior

any suggestions ?

i have free tanning at desert sun.. little adament on trying a spray on. really don't owant to look orange which is why i stuck the bed and using tanning lotion with little to no bronzer (aswell for the face). for some people, bronzer in tanning lotion makes them have an orange tint rather than a dark tan.

i have medium skin and tan easily. use to tan all the time (17-20 years old, 20 right now) and i finally took my head out of ****** and realized this cannot be healthy in the long run. 3 times a week is what i usually do. thinking i should quit while i am ahead before i look like a burlap sack from head to toe.

Robertkong

Reaction score
I use the fake bake self tanner myself. I'm a very pale chinese man and this has worked for me for years.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
australian gold

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantasy Tan will not make you look orange. Used it before but they recommend a second coat the following day.

CDN1989

Reaction score
I just bought a La Roche Posay for $25, I applied it tonight so wont see results untill tmr, but judging by the price and brand rep I assume it will be quality, if I applied it properly... haha

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Test some on an inconspicuous area so you don't wake up looking like an Oompa Loompa

desiderialouis

Reaction score
The best tanning lotion with little to no bronzer (aswell for the face). for some people, bronzer in tanning lotion makes them have an orange tint rather than a dark tan. It is good to know about all these things.

yakson

Reaction score
Tan grenade fire, as mentioned above, scaling is very important. Even peeling of the skin can be caused by drought, taking care to renew your clothes, and you should always moisturize the skin day and night.

Sunnydale

Reaction score
I purchased one of those vitamin D3/tan devices from Dr. Cannell's sight. It is not so much of a tanner as much of a healthy vitamin D3 maker, but it does give some color to the skin I've found with use this winter. http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/

northnick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by olstudios
the sun.

the sun is harsh for your skin in the long run, but tanning beds speed it up

i love laying in the sun and doing activities in the sun, i get tan easily but-

can't lay out in the sun if the warmest temperature since august has been 48 degrees

i don't think there has been a dry day since august. it may be nice for about half the day then it rains..

i've been using mystic tan and it works

i go 3-4 times a week and get a glow or light, that way it looks like you have color but it doesn't grab your attention as if i were too do medium or dark mystic tans 3x a week.

i messed up the first five sessions because i wasn't putting enough blending lotion on my hands and it made them look funny

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads