• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Red Corduroys?

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Looking for a quality red (not pink or faded red) needle cord (16 wales per inch) for spring/fall wear. Any suggestions? Can't seem to find any from the usual suspects (Ralph Lauren, J. Crew, etc.).

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Apparently. I asked about them while at the RL Chevy Chase store last week and they said there is nothing available. Nor are they on the website.

The Cordings look great but they only seem to have two sizes in stock (30 and 36). I'm neither.

JG000

Reaction score
Almost positive I saw red cords at Brooks Brothers about a month back.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JG000
Almost positive I saw red cords at Brooks Brothers about a month back.

And on sale at that! Alas, not a needle cord, which is what I'm after.

Gininteacups

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn
The Cordings look great but they only seem to have two sizes in stock (30 and 36). I'm neither.

It might be worth emailing Cordings, as they generally carry extensive stock of their cords in-store.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Will do. I'm not familiar with Cordings. Good merchandise?

Hans Cater

Reaction score
And on sale at that! Alas, not a needle cord, which is what I'm after.

Have you tried Ebay, they have pretty much everything and anything on there, all you need to do is to look well.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Yes, Ebay. Struck out.

Gininteacups

Reaction score
Will do. I'm not familiar with Cordings. Good merchandise?

Their cords are excellent quality, though you might want to look into their fit - quite a high rise, with a full seat and tapering through the leg.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cordings quality is top notch. Far better than my RL cords IMO.

The fit has a high rise with a tapered leg, quite slim at the bottom. Very flattering I think

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score
Apparently. I asked about them while at the RL Chevy Chase store last week and they said there is nothing available. Nor are they on the website.

If you are looking in the DC area, I think that your best bet would be to check Saks Men's Shop in Chevy Chase, or the Polo outlet in Leesburg, as the strong red is from a prior season.

Alternatively, as it will be too warm to wear cords in the DC area in approximately two weeks, you might want to hold off your search until F/W 2011 when they will be restocked.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
Cordings quality is top notch. Far better than my RL cords IMO.

The fit has a high rise with a tapered leg, quite slim at the bottom. Very flattering I think

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads