Best rec's after wisdom teeth removal?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Cavalier, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

Maybe I'm a retard, but I just started eating solid foods again within 24 hours.

Just don't use straws and try to keep the chewing of the food to the front of your mouth.

2. danilo

danilo Senior member

don't forget yogurt, that dude above me stole my avatar!!!

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm a retard, but I just started eating solid foods again within 24 hours.

Just don't use straws and try to keep the chewing of the food to the front of your mouth.

Me, too.

I was in pain but I could still chew as long as I didn't bite down too hard with my back teeth.

4. The Swede

The Swede Senior member

My brother had the following words of wisdom:

Do not eat sushi. The feeling of raw fish being pressed up into your virgin wound and forming a vacuum, creating a mating of piscine and human flesh, is not one you prefer to have everyday.

5. pharrow59

pharrow59 Senior member

protein shakes + vicodin.

6. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior member

Sadly, I can't have vicodin or other narotics because of past abuse.

I am actually feeling good enough to eat solid food, I am surprised!

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

don't forget yogurt, that dude above me stole my avatar!!!

I dunno there.... how long you been around? I changed to this at least a few weeks ago, maybe a month or two. And I post pretty often so I didn't notice you had the same one until recently. Plus, it's not that original... there are several people with the same generic avatar... anywho, I'm going back to my original one.

8. Risque

Risque Well-Known Member

Do not eat sushi. The feeling of raw fish being pressed up into your virgin wound and forming a vacuum, creating a mating of piscine and human flesh, is not one you prefer to have everyday.
    Strangely, this made me feel both sick and aroused.

I avoided all foods that had a tendency to break up into tiny pieces that could be lodged in the wound socket. Just try breaking up food pre-mouth, and swallowing it whole. Like a duck.

9. Milhouse

Milhouse Senior member

It didn't take long for me to move on to normal food. The first day was mostly spent doped up.

10. danilo

danilo Senior member

I dunno there.... how long you been around? I changed to this at least a few weeks ago, maybe a month or two. And I post pretty often so I didn't notice you had the same one until recently. Plus, it's not that original... there are several people with the same generic avatar... anywho, I'm going back to my original one.

It was a joke, I don't really care, it just confuses me sometimes when you quickly scroll down a post looking for your own and I ask myself 'Was I sleep posting?' [​IMG]

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^^^ I know, I just saw a posting you started the other day and thought WTF? when did I write that?
    Anyway, as they say, great minds think alike... then again so do really stupid minds!

12. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

I may end up having this done in the next few months unfortunately.

Did they put you to sleep during the procedure? I'm not looking forward to this at all.

13. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

I may end up having this done in the next few months unfortunately.

Did they put you to sleep during the procedure? I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Depends on the state of the teeth. If they are fully in like your other teeth it is like pulling a molar (nitrous and lidocaine). Less exposed teeth may require more work and you get 'twilight' (Demerol and Valium), and really impacted or barely grown ones will require general anesthesia. Since you are young the latter procedures are more likely.

14. bigboy

bigboy Senior member

Depends on the state of the teeth. If they are fully in like your other teeth it is like pulling a molar (nitrous and lidocaine). Less exposed teeth may require more work and you get 'twilight' (Demerol and Valium), and really impacted or barely grown ones will require general anesthesia. Since you are young the latter procedures are more likely.

Had 4 taking out through 3 procedures. 2 were impacted and 2 weren't. I had local for all 3 procedures plus a few bone grafts placed [A needle straight in the jaw (and a few if I felt more pain) ..what a bitch - but everything after that was smooth sailing]. Some tylenol 2s and I was good.

I wasn't supposed to eat for 2 days, and for about 3 - 4 days I was to avoid eating hot foods and anything with spices. Also avoid physical activities for a while.

Had my last one a few days ago actually.[​IMG]

15. tricota

tricota Senior member

Have had 3 removed. One was easy and took less then 5 minutes. The other 2 were a pain in the ass and eash took 2 hours +...I felt the pain for a few weeks, drinking mostly liquid and soft food. I was popping ibuprofin like a mad mad, just joping the pain would go away. That made me feel a bit loopy and bloted.

Some can eat solid food quicker, but the think to worry about are the stiches going up, and not nessesarely the imidiate pain you feel.