• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best quality

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have never heard that one before. I didn't know Brioni made anything private labeled.

Brioni doesn't do as much private label work as other top firms but they still do some. For instance I've seen private label Brioni suits for Bijan and Mariano Rubinacci.

mrprlover

Reaction score
Hello all.
First post here. Very nice forum indeed. Very well-manner I must add. Too bad for classyFreddy.

At any rate, where do Versace suits fit into all of this. Specifically, the ClassicV2 line?

Thanks guys.

naturlaut

Reaction score
Brioni doesn't do as much private label work as other top firms but they still do some. For instance I've seen private label Brioni suits for Bijan and Mariano Rubinacci.
Even when they did for Bijan (long long time ago), the label would still says "Brioni, for Bijan", and never a private label without Brioni.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Even when they did for Bijan (long long time ago), the label would still says "Brioni, for Bijan", and never a private label without Brioni.
Naturlaut is right in that nearly all the Brioni/Bijan collaborations are clearly marked with the Brioni name. But this is not true in every case as evidenced by the jacket below:
Bijanbrionisptct1.jpg
Bijanbrionisptct2.jpg
I sold that sportcoat about a year and a half ago and it was most definitely Brioni.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To dredge up this old and very controversial thread Â
wink.gif
... I was able to go into Nordstrom on my last visit to San Francisco and check out the full range of the new fused-front "Gian Luca Napoli" suits. In a word the were very DISAPPOINTING. The only thing that differentiates them from say, an Abboud, is that the shoulder is completely unpadded. In every other way the are unremarkable. DO NOT BE FOOLED by ebay sellers (nitr-o for instance) who are representing them as $2550 suits. The real Gianluca Isaia suits don't even go for that much. "Gian Luca Napoli" suits retail for about $800 if I remember correctly and they are worth (IMO) about $250 max. Also, if you are a Nordstrom customer stay far away from their new Faconnable suits (they have square white label that says "Faconnable." The old Faconnable Tailleur suits (made by Canali and Cantarelli) were a truly great deal at retail ($895.) The new suits are a mediocre quality fused-front suit and they are a rip-off as they retail for almost as much as the old suits. I'm a bit turned off with Nordstrom lately. They present themselves as a high-end store but the vast majority of their merchandise is of mediocre quality or worse.

HitMan009

Reaction score
Mr Harris, Â Â If I may, I know canvas-front suits are of obvious superiority. Â But if one was to consider a fused-front, is there any brand/make/model worth considering? Â Or is it out of the question entirely? Â I wear a 36S. Â It is almost impossible to find that size at discount. Â I wish I was making the money I was a couple of years ago, but alas times are tough... Â Any suggestions/comments are definitely welcome. -HitMan009 <--- Still learning the fundamentals....
confused.gif

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
I was able to go into Nordstrom on my last visit to San Francisco and check out the full range of the new fused-front &quot;Gian Luca Napoli&quot; suits. In a word the were very DISAPPOINTING.

That is too bad.  I know most of us where saddened by the introduction of the Gain Luca Napoli line, but I thought it would at least be a very good fused suit.

Has any one run accross one of the new fused Barbera's?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DO NOT BE FOOLED by ebay sellers (nitr-o for instance) who are representing them as $2550 suits.
I wouldn't buy anything from this seller; you ask him simple questions and he then dismisses you as a &quot;difficult&quot; customer.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never bought anything from that particular seller (I make it a policy to not buy much off Ebay unless I am 100% certain I trust the seller.) However, he certainly does inflate the retail price of his clothing articles. I used to actually send emails to sellers that did this telling them to shape up, but it seems to have been a losing battle. On a positive note, the seller: [email protected] is terrific. Not the cheapest, but his wares are top-notch and the seller is a great guy and very honest . He is associated with Planet Americana, a pretty decent jeans and streetwear shop in Santa Monica.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also can vouch for LA Guy's recommendation... you're not going to get any killer deals from him but he has some good offerings and good prices.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
eBay can be a proposition. Â I once bought a suit from a seller, clearly overpaid but it is something that I really wanted. Â The seller never answered emails, and I thought for sure I was taken. Â Not only did the suit arrive, but when it did and it was a bit large for me, he exchanged it for a size smaller that he was also selling. Â What I thought was going to be a disaster turned out great. Â Maybe we should start a list of ebay sellers that we have had good experiences with. Â Might be helpful for all of us out there. Â Of course we need to watch out for World Class Consignment. Â
biggrin.gif
 Just kidding Mr. Harris.

bryce330

Reaction score
where does battistoni fall?
I believe Battistoni suits are made by Castangia; I have never examined a Battistoni suit, but I would assume they are on par with Castangia's own offerings, which are in a class with Brioni, Isaia, Purple Label, Zegna Napoli Couture, etc.

friendlyone

Reaction score
What about Regent? Where would they fall in the quality range?

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea about where to get Ciffonelli suits? I had seen some last year that looked exceptionally nice. Would you compare them to Belvest / St. Andrews.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads