• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Potato Chips

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if yall ever cross the Atlantic get whatever flavors of Tyrell's you can find. A solid, earthy base note flavor, enough crisp and chew to the potatoes and whatever flavors they have seem to accent the potato flavor so you get to taste the whole everything.

Also I really love a bunch of baked sour cream and cheddar ruffles at lunch.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Truly awful. The first flavor note is grape.

Never has virtuosity been so miserable. And virtuosity lends itself to misery.

61SjtpFnUWL._SX425_.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Truly few things are as delightful as potato chips.

Whole foods brand of chips is doing limited edition sandwiches based flavors. The cuban sandwich one isn't too bad. I think there's a bit too much cumin. Some tartness mimics a pickle. If you weren't told it was cuban sandwich you'd probably think more highly of it. But at the same time the best you csn really hope for is mimicry of the flavors not replicating.

But the chip itself is no good. Potatoes are too thin to taste thd potato. And the thinness means it's neither airy nor cripsy just....there.

What would make these chips better (don't know if this is possible) would be rather than mix the seasoning onto the chips make batches of chips with one flavor then combine them.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Potato chips are one of the few joys left in this world.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had chips in months. Now I normally buy pork rinds instead.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For chips, it’s Zapps. For rinds, I normally eat the HEB store brand.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For chips, it’s Zapps. For rinds, I normally eat the HEB store brand.
No fritos you suck at Texas i like salt and pepper rinds

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No fritos you suck at Texas i like salt and pepper rinds
Zapps is a Louisiana/Texas thing. The founder is buried in Houston. For rinds, I usually go with the lime flavor.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but when in Italy, I'll get the San Carlo 1936 Antica Ricetta.

1936 antica ricetta - San Carlo - 150 g

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not posting these for how good they are, just how different they are. More buttery taste than soy. Worth a try, mostly due to the form factor; chips cut like fries. Actually the more you eat the better they are. Grows on you.

chip.jpg

chips.jpg

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not posting these for how good they are, just how different they are. More buttery taste than soy. Worth a try, mostly due to the form factor; chips cut like fries. Actually the more you eat the better they are. Grows on you.

View attachment 1412392

View attachment 1412393

The entire chip aisle at Mitsuwa out in Arlington Heights is full of strange flavors like this.

A lot of things end up with sweetness where you expect salt and buttery depth where you expect a bright flavor.

H Mart is probably even more extreme as the koreans love making things unexpectedly sweet.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Initial reports on the biscuits and gravy flavor are not that great.

I think the last place I'd look when I wanted to taste the goodness of biscuits and gravy would be a bag of potato chips. Sounds downright nasty. That said, those other flavors look pretty vomit inducing also.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The entire chip aisle at Mitsuwa out in Arlington Heights is full of strange flavors like this.

A lot of things end up with sweetness where you expect salt and buttery depth where you expect a bright flavor.

H Mart is probably even more extreme as the koreans love making things unexpectedly sweet.
@otc

Got these at Mitsuwa. It’s not far from where I live
Your insight is correct. Expected a salty soy taste that wasn’t there. That lead to initial dislike of the chips because they didn’t match my expectations. Enjoyed them anyway for what they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: otc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads