• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best pomade/wax

ezano

Reaction score
Daimon Barber No. 1 (water based) Pomade is incredible. Zero greasiness, medium hold, best smelling pomade I’ve come across. Can’t beat it.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Ouai Matte Pomeade and it's great

MrZBrown

Reaction score
Interesting. I use pomade and occasionally clay. I only use water based pomades however as I like to wash it out with water (I don't use shampoo). I used to use American Crew but $ for quality, it wasn't there for me. I tried Murray's and Suavecito, neither of which I liked. So here is my favorites list (all can be ordered online)...

Nostalgic Grooming (Water based Pomades, their Creme Pomade and their clay)
Flagship Pomade (Blackship)
Grim Grease (All their pomades)
Lockhart (Their medium hold works really well for me)
Arcadian (Clay)
Shear Revival (Crystal Lake Pomade)

All of these are smaller homebrew style pomades and all of them put the mass manufactured stuff to shame. Great options to choose from, some of them smell FANTASTIC ( I have 2 with creed aventus cologne as the scent) and they easily come out. You can also do oil based pomades but those don't work as well for me.

Last edited:

jules spools

Reaction score
This Is A Medium Hold Pliable Paste by Davines. The name says it all. Perfect amount of hold, pliable (not sticky, gummy or gritty) and great for all types of hair. It will last throughout the day and you can restyle with your hands as needed.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
My head hair is finer than my beard hair so I actually use Honest Amish Beard Balm on my head. It works better than hair products.

kdarylle

Reaction score
I like Jack Black Wax Pomade because it provides a fairly strong hold yet flexible.

nws

Reaction score
I switched from Gatsby moving rubber to Firsthand Supply Clay Pomade. Very happy. I have thinner light color hair so I need a light weight product but also high hold and matte. The moving rubber I used for a few years but grew tired of it not washing out easily. Firsthand Supply Clay Pomade has really great hold with some rework ability and matte finish. Goes on lightweight too for thinner hair. Smell is ok but not as good as gatsby moving rubber.

OshaSid

Reaction score
I used to use Hanz, but recently been a fan of the independents. The latest one i tried has been amazing. Kind of a mix bt a pomade / clay.
www.earthmadeco.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads