• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best players Currently in the NBA

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
What about him? I still think he is a good player. In his last 9 games he's been averaging like 28 and 10. He was injured to start the year and is hitting his stride in february.

In fact, a lot of good players are really hitting their stride about now (the ones that are healthy), and you're seeing a lot of great performances.

poppies

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Did you get the FreeDarko book yet? I love the section on Duncan comparing his career stats to the Fibonacci number sequence
I love the bit about t-mac and his need for sleep. a must have for nba fans!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
**** an' Amare. Puts up good numbers but i don't even know if he's in my top 10. Probably not. Guy with attitude problems, limited offensive game on his own, and plays no defense at all. I'll take tim duncan or garnett 135849739483043 times before amare. Amare does put up nice highlights though.

I'm kinda dissapointed he didn't get traded. I want to see Amare on his own. The suns offense really helps guys like him since he's still a "go get it" kinda offensive guy. High pick and roll where he is just on his way to the hoop for an alley oop, fast breaking, getting setup because of nash and the 3 point shooters, etc... Him going to memphis would've been interesting. Dwight Howard has made a lot of progress (still stuff to work on though) in terms of making baskets and stuff on his own, i'd like to see amare keep going with it too. Not convinced he can be THE GUY on a great team though.

bc78

Reaction score
Yeah, Amare won't even crack my top 10 until he starts playing defense. I'd take Duncan, Howard, Garnett, and Bosh over him. If I had to pick a no defense PF I'd probably go with Dirk and Pau over him too because they are better passers.

hammer07

Reaction score
Deron Williams is probably a top 10 player (and easily the 2nd best PG) in the league who gets little recognition. He gets the better of Chris Paul almost everytime they play.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hammer07
Deron Williams is probably a top 10 player (and easily the 2nd best PG) in the league who gets little recognition. He gets the better of Chris Paul almost everytime they play.
I agree completely.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd put Williams at number 3, but only because I've always loved how Nash plays the game. I think Paul is far and away the best PG in the game and Deron is definitely top 3 (I couldn't argue against anyone putting him at 2 either even though I like Nash). Deron does appear to not get the accolades he deserves for being how good he is.

hammer07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
I'd put Williams at number 3, but only because I've always loved how Nash plays the game. I think Paul is far and away the best PG in the game and Deron is definitely top 3 (I couldn't argue against anyone putting him at 2 either even though I like Nash). Deron does appear to not get the accolades he deserves for being how good he is.
IMO, Nash isn't as good as he was two or three years ago and can't take over games anymore quite like he used to, especially with D'Antoni in New York now. I think I'd take Chauncey Billups and Tony Parker ahead of him now. My top 10: LeBron James Kobe Bryant Dwight Howard Chris Paul Tim Duncan Dwyane Wade Kevin Garnett Dirk Nowitzki Two of Paul Pierce, Deron Williams and Chris Bosh Best 5 from the last 2 drafts: Kevin Durant Derrick Rose Russell Westbrook Brook Lopez OJ Mayo

bc78

Reaction score
IMO, Nash isn't as good as he was two or three years ago and can't take over games anymore quite like he used to, especially with D'Antoni in New York now. I think I'd take Chauncey Billups and Tony Parker ahead of him now.

My top 10:
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Tim Duncan
Dwyane Wade
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Two of Paul Pierce, Deron Williams and Chris Bosh

Best 5 from the last 2 drafts:
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Brook Lopez
OJ Mayo

That is a good list. I'd probably bump Pierce and Dirk and add Yao (when healthy)

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping the thread to say Wade belongs in everyone's top 5 now.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Bumping the thread to say Wade belongs in everyone's top 5 now.

Yeah hes been on fire. It's got to be something like,

Lebron
Kobe
Paul
Wade
Howard

as top 5.

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Yeah hes been on fire. It's got to be something like,

Lebron
Kobe
Paul
Wade
Howard

as top 5.

At least for a couple of more years (or until they win something in the playoffs), I'd rather have Duncan than Howard or Paul.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How about D-Wade last night? Dayum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads