• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best players Currently in the NBA

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Weren't the Suns playing better while Amare was out? I remember I was in attendance at either his first or second game back when the Suns played the Nets and the Suns got killed by like 35 points (and the Nets held Nash to 0 points
tounge.gif
).

Anyway, I still can't believe that Nash is getting no love whatsoever. Maybe he didn't finish the season that well, but neither did a lot of other guys that are on everyone's lists.

The very few games he came back this season, he wasn't fully healed (though they were hoping he was). Seriously, I remember him in the playoffs in 04/05 season. He looked unstoppable.

I really do like Nash, and I like him alot, but I still think he's a little too one-dimensional to go into the top 5. That one dimension is immensely entertaining and will probably get them a championship some time soon (if Stoudemire is back in a big way, this might be the season), but I think there are too many other players who are better all-around.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
I still don't know what Nash did to deserve MVP. He didn't have stellar stats, his team didn't win much nor has he proven he's able to win in the finals. His old team and conference rivals made it to the finals without him. I thinks he's very good, but to compare him to someone like Wade is a disrespectful to Wade.

Uh, No Stoudamire, no Kurt Thomas, and Raja Bell playing on one leg and they STILL almost beat Dallas--mostly because of Nash.

koji

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Ooooh, Pierce. I'm not sure how I forgot about him. He might go in my Arenas spot.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Ooooh, Pierce. I'm not sure how I forgot about him. He might go in my Arenas spot.

And I forgot about Arenas, argh.

koji

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I had Pierce on my shortlist too. Hard to judge him given the lack of talent he's been surrounded with. I'd like to see what he could do with a little support.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Pierce
5. AI

Why leave off Dirk, btw? I almost did after his disappearing act in much of the finals, but he really did become a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Lebron
2) Wade
3) Kobe
4) Dirk
5) Brand

As much as Nash influences the flow of a game, he's a defensive liability, and its very possible that a team could achieve a similar degree of success by employing a scrappy youngster like Hinrich or veteran like Cassel plus any of the "second tier" All-Stars.

A more thought provoking excercise:
Players I would draft if I was starting a team:
1) Dwyane Wade
2) LeBron James
3) Dwight Howard
4) Chris Paul
5) Elton Brand
James and Howard were both no brainers in their respective drafts. Chris Paul was a gem, as was Elton Brand. I personally believed Brand was going to perform similar to a Carlos Boozer--decent but definitely not exceptional.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why leave off Dirk, btw? I almost did after his disappearing act in much of the finals, but he really did become a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs.

I'd have Dirk around 6-8.

koji

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In light of this seasons terrible decision in regards to who was awarded the MVP.I thought I'd get the forum's opinion on the leagues best 3-5 players.
I'll start

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) D. Wade
4) Tim Duncan (forgiven this weak season)
5) Dirk

I think this list still stands, but Arena's has made a compelling argument this season, so has Carmelo.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arenas was too inconsistent, but I agree that Carmelo definitely upped his game this season.

koji

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In two years you will all include CB4 on your lists.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this list still stands, but Arena's has made a compelling argument this season, so has Carmelo.
I agree, though this season I'd rank Dirk above Duncan. Duncan seems to save himself for the playoffs a la Shaq more and more as he gets older. I might slide Wade above Lebron in terms of on court performance, though I think Lebron is the best overall athlete in the NBA, was when he got here, and will be for years to come. His ceiling is the highest of anybody in the league right now, IMO. I think Arenas enters this conversation when he starts shooting a decent percentage from the field (a paltry 42% before injury this year, 43% for his career) or playing better defense. I personally rate Steve Nash higher based on the fact that while he also doesn't play defense, he creates more overall scoring for your team (along with being the most efficient offensive player in the league, and it's not even close). I think in 5 years this list looks like Lebron, Wade, Howard, Bosh (or Stoudemire), and Chris Paul (maybe Melo here, depending on whether you value a PG or a scorer). That is, if Oden or Durant don't fulfill their potential by that point.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
It has to be Kobe, then anyone else. My list would be:

1. Kobe
2. D. Wade
3. Steve Nash (a team is largely as good as its point guard: he's incredible to watch and the Suns don't achieve without him)
4. LeBron
5. McGrady

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think in 5 years this list looks like Lebron, Wade, Howard, Bosh (or Stoudemire), and Chris Paul (maybe Melo here, depending on whether you value a PG or a scorer). That is, if Oden or Durant don't fulfill their potential by that point.[/quote]

I'm way more sold on Bosh over Stoudamire, I just don't believe Amare is as a competant without Nash around, plus his defense is less than impressive.

What's up with all the Yao hatred? Can someone please name a pure center (minus Shaq in his former years), who is as productive. He has unbelievable shooting ability for a center, he's not in the best 5 players, but he is probably the best center.

My list goes like this (I'm going to go by position):

PG: Nash
SG: Bryant
SF: James
PF: Nowitzki
C: Ya

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads