• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best places to buy cheap Pima cotton Tees?

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
A lot of the "peasant" brands have served me the best. Hanes actually makes a quality product that holds up well. I also have had good luck with J Crew tees-- generally soft and nicely broken in with their special wash.

I have never tried Lands End, but if you want a basic product for a low price they might be worth a shot.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use banana republic tees

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
This thread's AIDS has become infested with Gonorrhea.

Originally Posted by andyliu52
ugh another example of hype. ive never felt or tried on a w+h tshirt, but ive tried/felt tshirts 3-4x the cost (ralph lauren black/purple label), and i can say that abercrombie tees are the best

It's usually easier to sit in front of a computer and gather enough "data points" ($$$ MSRP, stockists, often equally biased reviews of others etc.) to make yourself believe whatever you want to*. Instead of going into stores, try **** on, judge for yourself (and in my case) often leave thoroughly underwhelmed.

Case in point: xenoxxxxx.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
It's usually easier to sit in front of a computer and gather enough "data points" ($$$ MSRP, stockists, often equally biased reviews of others etc.) to make yourself believe whatever you want to*. Instead of going into stores, try **** on, judge for yourself (and in my case) often leave thoroughly underwhelmed. Case in point: xenoxxxxx.
The real problem with Xenox isn't the fact he is a basement dwelling chode with no real world experience. It's the way he regurgitates his second and third hand internet factoids and passes them off as actual information in threads just like this.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What?

I don't think I'm the only one around here that buys decent T's.

It gets to 40 celsius or above here every summer, so I like a few good quality T's.

Plenty of people have said they buy quality T's. I've bought quite a few different brands and tried stacks on and I've found that nicer T's will cost more money. I don't think that more money always equals better T's. If I just wanted something average, then I'd stick with AA, but I want something decent.

I can see the sense of buying crap T's as undershirts, but if your going to wear a T with shorts or with denim, then why not get a couple good ones? I've read all the T threads, and really I can't see the sense in getting the AA restocks every year people talk about. I'd rather have a few T's last awhile. I was doing this, for awhile now, but it seems almost silly.

Another part is the colours I like - heathered grey and charcoal tend to pill easily. If I just wore black / white then it wouldnt be so much of an issue, as in my experience they held up plenty well.

Getting out there and trying stuff on is the best way, I agree with that. Not always possible though. Some people have to rely on what they read and others peoples advice.

Besides, I really don't buy into pima as a brand name, its like super numbers or sea island cotton - not really indicative of end product. Thier are plenty of other factors that have an impact on how long something will last or its quality. I've heard that from multiple tailors and from many people more in the know then me.

For me, the W+H T's at 30 bucks each are a good buy. I can't get anything better than that here at that quality level for a decent price.

nonissue

Reaction score
I love BR fitted tees and don't mind the basic pima undershirts either. The basic tees at banana work out to be 19 bucks each (canadian) when you buy three. Can't really go wrong.

Bullitt

Reaction score
Uniqlo's premium cotton tshirts are good quality for a low price.

Dashel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele

For me, the W+H T's at 30 bucks each are a good buy. I can't get anything better than that here at that quality level for a decent price.

Can you (or anyone) link the ones you're seeing for 30 bucks? 30 sounds like a price I can live with assuming the quality is high enough and they have good color selection.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where u do get them for $30 bucks? That would be great. thks

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Affiliate sales.

centrix

Reaction score

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy the alternative apparel perfect tees, if you're close with someone who can get wholesale, they're 12 dollars a piece and cheaper. It's what I rock most of the time. The wings and horns look nice. I wouldn't mind a U neck in them. I have a hard time justifying spending much money on tees though as they always get holds from belts.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never had that problem.

I would do alternative apparel for 12 a piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads