Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Places(s) to buy Cuccinelli??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HEARTLESS-531, Jun 12, 2010.

1. HEARTLESS-531

HEARTLESS-531 Senior member

Guys,
    Where are the best places to buy Cuccinelli? I'm looking for polos and perhaps a good outrwear jacket? Any tips? Do they have an outlet in Italy? Thanks

2. 7590bliss

7590bliss Member

Best place is there sample sale, in NY, 60% off, last one was in may.
    Woodbury commons oulet is ok, prices are still high.
    Solomeo Italy factory is a waste of time, 30-40% off. Even with the vat refund the prices and euro conversion are not much of a discount.
    Selection is about the same probably better at the sample sale, women's for sure.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its Cucinelli, not Cuccinelli.

4. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Its Cucinelli, not Cuccinelli.

I suppose that the correct name would be a valuable first step.

5. HEARTLESS-531

Bliss,
    Thanks for the tips! Yeah, I was wondering about the Solomeo factory - is that the one in Tuscany? Outside of FLorence?

6. HEARTLESS-531

I just checked - it's actually Cooch-inelli. That is, if you know about that stuff (cashmere, not the pussy, although that's important too).

7. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

I just checked - it's actually Cooch-inelli. That is, if you know about that stuff (cashmere, not the pussy, although that's important too).

Your stresses are in the wrong part, so I'll assume you don't speak Italian: Coo-CHI-ne-lee

8. 7590bliss

7590bliss Member

Solomeo is outside Perugia in Umbria.
    There is a Cruciani discount shop not too far near Spello that has some nice cashmere.
    Another place I remembered for cooch is idiscountclothes.com...mens....sweaters....type in cucinelli, some good deals to be had.
    Cooch has a lot of $ behind him whiich has allowed them to rebuild Solomeo, not worth visiting, and open a lot of stores recently. They are also buying up smaller co's, ie Rivamonti and Gunex, also nice knitwear for women. He is having a good run but looking at the amount of goods on ebay, it may be ending. Great marketing good styles and very good cashmere, just crazy prices.
    Outside of Florence there are 2 discount malls one is ok.
    In the city itself there are a couple of very good shoemakers and shirtmaker, excellent quality and prices. If ineterested in addresses let me know.
    There is also a very large Chinese community near Florence working for many of the major labels.
    Interestingly one of the best and fun places for cashmere is on the isle of Capri. A small shop with machines and hand looms in the back. They have some of the finest cashmere threads and colors available. They will custom make to your size and specs any style you want, including silk and cotton accents. You design it, great fun, and for a third or half the price of cooch depending o the yarn and style.