• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best places in the nation for young people to live.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Austin , Atlanta, Chicago.
Stay away form provincial Boston unless your idea of good times is non-existent cultural life and your idea of good night out is a Bud-Light night at a local sports bar.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Austin , Atlanta, Chicago.
Stay away form provincial Boston unless your idea of good times is non-existent cultural life and your idea of good night out is a Bud-Light night at a local sports bar.

I actually spend a lot of time in Boston and have for the last couple years. Saying there isn't culture in Boston is pretty idiotic unless you judge culture by what kind of bars are in the area.

My only reason for soliciting advice is because my experience is primarily with the Boston/Providence/New England region so I am wondering what people from other areas might have to add that I would be unfamiliar with in my travels.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
I actually spend a lot of time in Boston and have for the last couple years. Saying there isn't culture in Boston is pretty idiotic unless you judge culture by what kind of bars are in the area.

My only reason for soliciting advice is because my experience is primarily with the Boston/Providence/New England region so I am wondering what people from other areas might have to add that I would be unfamiliar with in my travels.

No I have season tickets to Symphony hall and family membership to MFA.
I have just different point of reference when it comes to judging richness of cultural life.
If you think Boston is fine on culture and night-life then you'd be at home almost anywhere.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Tribeca, Manhattan, New York City, New York

Gio

Reaction score
I lived in a "small" city here in Mexico a while ago, then I moved to Mexco City, because of my school... Not the smartest move tho... Life is harsh...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Tribeca, Manhattan, New York City, New York

Yeah, the US capital of low cost of living.
sarcasm.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
how about Portland? or Milwaukee? San Diego?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hear Milwaukee is a lot of fun. Tons of college students there. Columbus and Minneapolis seem to be in the same boat. Have you thought about Buffalo?
crackup[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
definitely LA

has the best mix of culture, pop culture, entertainment, opportunities and for being a cosmopolitan city, it's fairly cheap to live in compared to other similar cities

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Maybe some cities that are popping but have not been listed yet? A little off the map:

San Antonio, TX
Albuquerque, NM
Tucson, AZ
London, ONT
Portland, OR
Athens, GA

All cities I have spent time in over the last ten years for one reason or another. Each one not only is a pretty cool city in and of itself, but they all reside near at least one other large city within a few hours drive.

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about Washington DC as a city to live in for a college student, mainly one going to George Washington University? I asked this question before, but hoping for more responses.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im guessing canada is out of the picture but for a great city i would have to say toronto. one of the most multicultural cities in the world, second to only london i think, amazing night life, and very safe in comparison to any other major US city.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently Newark has really cleaned up its act and become very "artsy."

Plus, you've got NYC right there for the nightlife.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Apparently Newark has really cleaned up its act and become very "artsy."

Plus, you've got NYC right there for the nightlife.

Plus, you live in Newark.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Plus, you live in Newark.

Not all of us have aspargus money to subsidize our lifestyles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads