Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best place to shop in toronto?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stylingazn, Jan 26, 2004.

1. stylingazn

stylingazn Active Member

For all of the Torontonians in here.

Where do you think is the best mall / store to shop at? Why?. Thanks

2. FCS

FCS Senior member

Stylingazn, what's your interest? I'm hardly a shopping expert like some of the guys here but some of the places that I have visited might be appealing to you.

3. High_Roller

High_Roller Senior member

I love Bloore West in Toronto. It's off Yonge not far from the Eatons center, and they have some amazing stores. Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen (which also has a location at the Eatons mall), Cole Haan, Gucci, Vuitton, Hermes and some 'younger' stores like Guess and French Connection are all on this street. They also have a Chapters bookstore, a music store (HMV I think), a Godiva, etc. etc. It's fantastic.

4. stylingazn

stylingazn Active Member

High Roller,

I know where you're talking about. It's around Yonge / Bloor. Lots of high end stores. My friend's dad is actually the architect / engineer of the Holt Renfrew there. That area is probably the most high end you can get.

Another good mall is Scarborough Town Centre. Also, Yorkdale, and Markville. They all have pretty nice things.

Yorkville (it's around bloor too) is where most celebrities go when they come to Toronto.

My interest in clothes is mostly dressy / vintage / GQ.

Any other good places?.

5. fatherseanfan

fatherseanfan Senior member

I thought I would revive this old thread rather than start a new one. I'm looking to talk to someone whos really knowledgeable about the Canadian businesswear industry (specifically to advise on the quality of various men's stores and Canadian labels in Toronto and in other cities.) If any SFers fit the bill, great, or maybe someone knows of a person I can contact. Any help is appreciated.